Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would a good price be on a 100% 1894CB in .45LC?? That gun talked to me in the shop the other day....might get 'em down to 500, but 550 is more likely...is that too much? It looked new. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Most of the ones I have seen on auction go for 600 or more for LNIB and around 700 for NIB. Very nice rifles.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Dang tubby,
I can hear it callin your name from clear out here in the midwest. Let us know how it shoots :wink: It really doesnt sound like a bad price.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I stumbled on a used one a couple of years ago on one of the internet auctions that already had a Lyman tang sight on it. After shipping and FFL fees it cost me $515. Lately most have been anywhere from $525 to $675. If you can get'em down to $500 buy it. Mine is the second most accurate rifle I've ever owned. Only one more accurate was a Marlin .22 bolt action.

C.S.

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Local shop here has a 336CB in 38-55, looks like new (may be), for 550 - He'd probably haggle a little for cash.
Wish I needed one..........Anybody wants, it, let me know.

Shum8

·
Registered
5 Posts
$569 iis about the lowest I can get one for new. That's in PA nad MD. Saw one last sat. at Gander Mt. in York, PA in 45/70. I think I'm gonna get it. Help me I'm sick got too many already!

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got the bill for Christmas yesterday..... :shock: .....and a couple other things due....I'm gonna have to pass on that one, I'm afraid....unless it's there in a couple months. That might be ok, I'm thinking I want the one in .357; I've made plans for one of those 50 Anniversary BHs that should be out this spring. That would make a nice combo, ya think?

·
Registered
57 Posts
tUBBY,
Awhile back I was looking at an 1894 rifle in 44 mag., 24" barrel, new. The price was $519.00. Checkering on the stock and forearm. This was in Western WA.

BTW, on one of your recent posts you mentioned somethjing about concealed carry being a thing of the past. Was that in WA or for your personally?

MadDog

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MadDog said:
tUBBY,
Awhile back I was looking at an 1894 rifle in 44 mag., 24" barrel, new. The price was $519.00. Checkering on the stock and forearm. This was in Western WA.

BTW, on one of your recent posts you mentioned somethjing about concealed carry being a thing of the past. Was that in WA or for your personally?

MadDog
Wasn't that somthing about if open carry was universal?? No Sir, I'll probably always carry or have one real close.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Tubby,
Sorry, but the way I read your post, it seemed to imply that the libs in WA had somehow ended the CPL system there or were about to. As you, I am from there and now live in the Southwest. Anyway, I am relieved to know that I misread your comment. Sorry also that I missed making your acquaintance last year, maybe another time.

BTW, where do you generally play the tuba?

MadDog

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maddog, I play mostly Euphonium these days.......I'll fill in on tuba if no one else can make it. I only play in one band: Greenwood Concert Band, up in Ballard. Once a month in the winter then a bunch in June and During our summer concert series in July.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Tubby, did you get your 357 50th anniversary BH yet? I picked up a
consecutive s/n set. Really nice. They are out in force right now. Most dealers that are squared away should have at least one. Good Luck
BPJ

·
Registered
309 Posts
consecutive s/n set. Really nice. They are out in force right now. Most dealers that are squared away should have at least one. Good Luck
BPJ

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bear Paw Jack said:
BPJ
I have to wait for awhile.....I picked up a 629PP a few months ago and that pretty much shot the budget for guns this year. A brake job is calling my name as we speak :cry:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts