Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Fella has a 1976 era 444S for sale... looks to be in great shape. Even has the factory sticker left on the forearm. In say 90% + shape what kind of price is a good one?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
500.00 or less as described my first 444 was the firrst year 1965 for 439.00
and is my favorite of the 5 less than 1 inch groups at 100 yds with BTB 290

Price is what one values it at 100 or 100,000.00 that is what its worth

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I paid $450.00 for one last year it is a 1969 and in 90% shape wood and bluing. Here is a picture of it.

Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Air gun

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Around here, I'd jump on that! 444 Marlins are more scarce than uranium in middle Georgia!

Reactions: 444GunSlinger2

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He is wanting $600 so maybe that is a little on the high side?

·
Super Moderator
7,969 Posts
He is wanting $600 so maybe that is a little on the high side?
not today, it seems 444 prices are on the high side because of the Ohiofacation of some pistol caliber rifles!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Nothing ventured nothing gained, I would offer the owner $500 cash. Who knows, he might take it.

Reactions: GaCop and Reicher

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
A Fella has a 1976 era 444S for sale... looks to be in great shape. Even has the factory sticker left on the forearm. In say 90% + shape what kind of price is a good one?
Usually people will barter some.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Since the Ohio thing happened I thought I may pick one up as well. Hit a Gunshow this month and found 2. The one I bought was a 1977 444S with the endcap. Prob 95% condition. Paid $500 and I felt lucky to find one and pay that here in KS. He had a 1994 as well but it was in much worse condition for the same price. Thing is $600 now may be a bit high for you, but what about 5 years from now when they are $800+. Plus when is another gonna fall in your lap. Go get it!!!

PLUS!!!! Once you have the first 20 rounds of empty Remington 240gr brass at your feet. That $600 aint gonna hurt a bit. Trust me.

Hayden.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Seems like, $600.00 is a good price/deal these days for a excellent, or new condition 444s. Most of the very good used ones in this area for sale at shops (Northern Virginia) are around $700.00.

This is a newly acquired NIB 1995 444S, it has an inspectors card. This person did his job, back in the day, the rifle is flawless. Been looking for a good 444 for awhile found this at a local gun show for $600.00. More than I've ever paid for a Marlin, but it was well worth it. Plan to shoot it, and hunt it some, along with rifle came four boxes of loaded Hornady 265 flat points, which I understand is a good game load. The original price of the rifle was on the box, $351.00, those were the days.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I can't speak to American pricing. It would be a reasonable price in Canada. Folks are stepping up a bit. Mine is well worn and a good shooter and I would want at least 450. I personally place good value on basically NIB condition. It is far more valuable to me than a new Remlin lever in any style. Wave folding money under his nose and I bet you walk away with it for a bit less. I'd start at 500 and push a bit for 550, a fair price to me. Knowing the 444 so well that model and condition would be a real prize rifle to me.

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I'd jump on it! :top: No 444's to be found around here in quite some time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.