Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is $600.00 to high for a 1966 Marlin 336 in 44 mag. Rifle is about 85% with gold trigger and saddlebag ring. The rifle also comes with scope rings and a Bushnell scope. Per owner it shoots and cycle good.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I think it may be on the high side. BUT to be fair to both buyer and seller, I think Pictures and a more detailed description would help evaluate.

·
Team 45-70 Big Buck Contest Winner 2013
962 Posts
I would at Least use snap caps to make sure it feed well and cycled well. No parts if it does not.
Better yet fire it before hand.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i hope to take a look at it this week. the pictures that i seen of the gun looks okay. but in person is better. the owner says it is a 85% gun. the owner stated he shot it yesterday and it feeds and shoots good.

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Condition is always a factor, as can be the scope and rings, but it all really comes down to whether it is worth it to you. I don't think a great many of those were made(?), and probably somewhat more than I would be willing to pay, but that's just me. You can always check around online, gunbroker, gunsamerica, etc., to see what similar 336/44mags may be selling for before committing. If you like it, get it and then go have fun...
Good luck to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts