Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Moderators- Along with Wind's other honors, may he also receive the title of "Enabler in Chief"? :)

Sparky, that's a pretty decent price for one in newish condition. (Just doing my part, some of you other guys need to join in.:))

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
I bought one off gunbroker about a month ago for 605.00 including shipping. I think 600-700 is retail on these, 700 is a fair price.

Reactions: Sparky civil

·
Super Moderator
6,348 Posts
The GB market tonight is $895 - $1295 and up for the CL's - one original (not a CL) is $22,000!

Jeff

·
Premium Member
16,812 Posts
I found a like new 1894 CL 32-20 for $700 at a local shop. Is this a good price?
Hey Sparky,

Got the truck running?

Head over right now, before he changes his mind. LOL

Good for you.

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've been watching it for two months. It just keeps calling me, every time I'm in there I check on it. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Anyone? Had him cut the band so I could cycle it today......I'm falling. Will you take a trade? Be happy to......hook set.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep looks just like that one. I looked it over pretty good. It's dang near minty and cycles pretty slick too. He's holding it for me as it will be a few days before I'm back around that way. Will post pics.

If anyone has any load tips for cast feel free to toss them in.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Hey there Sc -- Give Missouri Bullet Company (.com) a call in the morning and order up some of their 32-20 120 grainers. Shove them in a case on top of 4.5 grains of Unique and you should be good to go. There is a before and after picture of this bullet at the end of the milk jug test.

Hope this helps. Best regards. Wind

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Sc - Missouri Bullet Company is a good bunch of people to work with. Ask about the military discount (10%) they give (or used to). Quick delivery and good, quality bullets. Best of luck. Shenandoah

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
I paid $600, but that was a couple of years ago. As to what is a fair price? What is your use for it? What is your chances of getting another one in the near future. I paid over $400 for a 24" barreled half mag 35 Remington and was glad I did as I have not seen one since. Same for my 32-20 CL. I probably shoot the 32-20 the most of any rifle I own adn enjoy it, such that I would not feel bad if one were to come up for say $450 as I have the use out of the rifle for a time.

DEP

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, my brace of encore rifles is down to one. My shooting buddy wants one for his wife and has been kind enough to enable/fund my marlinitis. 32-20 safely stashed behind the counter waiting for a ride. No more herd culling it's too painful.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts