Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, don't post a whole lot, sure do learn a lot from these forums though. I was in a favorite LGS Friday at lunch time and ran across a used but not abused 444S. It's a 1974 model, which is the year I graduated HS! Yep an old fart! Put this baby on layaway! 1st time I've seen a 444 around here for sale period! Not a bad price, bout the same as most 35 rem 336's I've seen lately. Getting it for 499 plus tax. Pictures in a week or so when I get paid and bail it out of jail! Looking forward to joining this elite 444 club. Keep the good info coming folks!

1969 35 Rem 336
1979 35 Rem 336
1895 45-70 SBL (Remlin)
Soon to Be Mine 1974 444S

·
Registered
391 Posts
Who you callin' an old fart? I got out of high school the same year. :tee:

Congrats on joining the 444 fraternity. You will like it. Sound like you got it for a good price, too. Looking forward to the pictures.

Welcome to the Marlin Owners.

·
Super Moderator
13,306 Posts
Congrats on the find, can't wait for the pics. I have a soft spot for 70's Marlins.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Heck, I graduated in 65! Nice snag at a great price! :congrats:My B-I-L lives in Chester...

·
Premium Member
4,732 Posts
Congrats of the 444! Anxious to see pics too! Anybody know what year they stopped using the Monte Carlo stock? I know they are sort'a like scopes, some love 'em and some don't have any use for 'em. My 1970 444 has it and I really like it, so far. Hey rlm1, have we seen your .35's and 45-70 yet??????

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
That Monte Carlo stock is a perfect fit for a good scope... Mine wears a Leopold VX II, 2-7 x 33. Asolutely perfect alignment.
Big congratulations. Post more, R1, You have your own information to share.
Ss

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Oh man, you gonna love the T4. Got my 1977 S two weekends ago at a show. Very fun to shoot and mite I suggest the Remington 240g JSP. Mine loves em. My 45-70s are gonna be lonly this summer for sure.
Congrats!!! On you new purchase. Range report with pics is a must around here!

Hayden.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kraynky and Ss, not sure when they stopped the Monte Carlo stock, this 444S I am in the process of buying, is a 1974 and doesn't have a Monte Carlo stock.

To Kraynky, I'm not sure if I posted any of them or not to be honest. We finally have a decent weekend coming up, I will snap a couple of pics and post.

Thanx for the kind words guys, I will start doing more posting and stop lurking! lol

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Congrats, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Good deal I got a 77 model!!!! Sounds like you got at a good price!! We will be waiting pics of the beauty!!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Graduated in 1973. Congrats on your 444!

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
Hi guys, don't post a whole lot, sure do learn a lot from these forums though. I was in a favorite LGS Friday at lunch time and ran across a used but not abused 444S. It's a 1974 model, which is the year I graduated HS! Yep an old fart! Put this baby on layaway! 1st time I've seen a 444 around here for sale period! Not a bad price, bout the same as most 35 rem 336's I've seen lately. Getting it for 499 plus tax. Pictures in a week or so when I get paid and bail it out of jail! Looking forward to joining this elite 444 club. Keep the good info coming folks!

1969 35 Rem 336
1979 35 Rem 336
1895 45-70 SBL (Remlin)
Soon to Be Mine 1974 444S
you can join team 444 before the 444S gets paroled

congrats

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Kraynky and Ss, not sure when they stopped the Monte Carlo stock, this 444S I am in the process of buying, is a 1974 and doesn't have a Monte Carlo stock.

To Kraynky, I'm not sure if I posted any of them or not to be honest. We finally have a decent weekend coming up, I will snap a couple of pics and post.

Thanx for the kind words guys, I will start doing more posting and stop lurking! lol

Come on in, we don't bite mostly cuz we don't got no teeff left!!

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
Congratulations, you are going to enjoy it :)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
You young whippersnapper who you calling a geezer. Graduated 1970 guess I am a geezer. Congrats on finding that fine older 444 and welcome

1 - 19 of 19 Posts