Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
I can't tell you when it was made, but it sounds like a good score! I believe the safeties were added some time in the mid to late 90's. Does it have a round or octagonal barrel, and what is the barrel length? If no one on here can answer your question, try rossi-rifleman.com. There are a lot of knowledgeable folks when it comes to the Model 92's.

·
Banned
2,609 Posts
In my experience the serial number does not coincide with production date on the Old Model original Amadeo Rossi rifles. It must have more to do with importation, etc. I can find out what number mine is but it wouldn't matter as I'm not the original owner and cannot attest to its past. Besides, Rossi was (and is to this day) known for holding back guns from importation for years after being made in Brazil.

Here's my advice....take the wood off and inspect the tang area as well as the other major internal parts for a date code, possibly in a Julian (or "born on") type configuration. Click on the link at the bottom of my post to read the journey I tool when I first got my R92. Too bad the photobucket jerks high-jacked all my pics therein. Does yours look like this?

Tree Trunk Wood Plant Window
Gun Air gun Gun barrel

Rossi Rifleman ? View topic - My Start

Reactions: Owen49

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help and information, the Rossi I picked up does in fact look like what you have. I was thinking on the way home with it yesterday about getting a companion to it. There is a lgs that has a new Flattop in 357.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.