Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To be fair to the new Remington owned Marlin Co., I have a 1894C .357 2005 manufacture that I bought off a member here. The rifle has been back and forth from me to the gunsmith trying to get the Marlin Jam fixed. Its been a total pain in the keester and I don't dare send it back to the factory for fear of another 6 month wait but that is what may happen. I've already sent the links to the gunsmith about fixing the Marlin Jam from here off the forum and am waiting patiently for it to get fixed. I have enough in it now after buying a new carrier that I could have almost bought the stainless version of it. Meanwhile I bought a Rossi Trapper 16" barrel .357 that runs perfectly even with SWC loads.
So, there were some dogs coming out of the old Marlin plant as well but probably not as many as now.

·
Registered
901 Posts
hunter6657 said:
To be fair to the new Remington owned Marlin Co., I have a 1894C .357 2005 manufacture that I bought off a member here. The rifle has been back and forth from me to the gunsmith trying to get the Marlin Jam fixed. Its been a total pain in the keester and I don't dare send it back to the factory for fear of another 6 month wait but that is what may happen. I've already sent the links to the gunsmith about fixing the Marlin Jam from here off the forum and am waiting patiently for it to get fixed. I have enough in it now after buying a new carrier that I could have almost bought the stainless version of it. Meanwhile I bought a Rossi Trapper 16" barrel .357 that runs perfectly even with SWC loads.
So, there were some dogs coming out of the old Marlin plant as well but probably not as many as now.
True, no Manufacturing Process is "Foolproof", and none of us that have worked at the North Haven, CT. Marlin Plant ever said there weren't mistakes made before the Cerberus/Freedom Group/Remington Purchase of us.
However, there is no comparison to the sheer amount of issues that have flooded this board in the past 3 years since the purchase went through up to the closing of the North Haven, CT. Marlin.
I for one wished the Kenna's had sold the company to the employees. Just for the sake of having an investment in our own future, and having a shot at Retiring from Marlin. Not to mention the company would have been in more capable hands then it is currently.
Hey, my name was on my Shirt, not on the Building. So, I wasn't part of the decision process that destroyed an Economically Viable Company.

·
Registered
235 Posts
hunter6657 I've owned more than few older Marlins that had fit and finish problems. I believe I'm seeing a gradual improvement in the current production. I believe it will get sorted out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts