Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came across this one online at Bud's today and put a deposit on it. It was rated at 90-100%. I had been looking for a .358 for a while now so when I saw this I jumped on it. The price was on the high side, but it does come with Leupold rings and two magazines. I'm hoping to have it home in a week or so.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Nothing in North America will survive a clean shot from that beauty! I had one in a BLR Lightweight and it kicked like a mule so I moved on from it. Still mad at myself about that one.

Nice Rifle!

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
That's one of my "bucket list" guns....great find. Those things are often as accurate as most bolt guns and a lot faster to get followup shots. To me that gun in a .358 is a perfect combination. I also would love to find one in 7mm-08, it would be great for a less recoil option.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Having two of those early Pre-81 BLR magazines should go a loooong ways towards making up for the price being on the high end. Those "camel hump" magazines don't interchange with the later versions, are scarce and when you can find a spare one for sale, it's usually priced up in nosebleed territory.

...And your early BLR in .358 looks to be in a lot nicer condition than mine. Congrats!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had one of those and in one of my dimmer moments I got rid of it. It was a poor decision on my part.
I've certainly had my share of out of mind experiences when it comes to selling or trading guns.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts