Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what is up but he posted dealing with family issue so I offer up my prayers to you Tom and the Family for what ever it is..

·
Banned
16,492 Posts
My prayers as well. . .some of the greatest needs need not be spoken to for us to speak to Him.

·
Premium Member
11,084 Posts
I guess I opened a door last week, leaving very little information.

I replied to a post that I have some pictures of the Marlin facility, and would post them, but I was dealing with a family crisis at the moment............That wasn't smart on my part. I wasn't thinking straight.

Last Wednesday morning I went to check on my Dad. I couldn't reach him by phone,and was concerned. My Dad insisted he wanted to live indepentantly, and not be a burden to his children.

I would call him each morning and visit him later each day. Upon arriving at his apartment on Wednesday morning, I found he had passed on, sometime during the night.

The man who had taught me to hunt, shoot, fish and so much more about life, had now left my life.

My Dad would have had his 91st Birthday on Feb 19th. He was a decorated Navy Airman, serving during World War II in Long Beach Calif with the "Lighter than Air" craft, guarding our coastlines against intrusion by enemy submarines. He was married to our mother for 43 years, until her passing in 1985. He was a Master Craftsman Tool and Die maker, a 50 year Mason, American Legion member, husband and father. He was bigger than life, to my sister and I.

This is a very difficult time for my sister and I. We are now in the process of taking care of our Dad's last needs and wishes, and his last earthly posessions.

I've found I needed to sit down here on Marlin Owners for a few minutes to read a bit from time to time, the past few days and try to clear my head..........It helps............

My leaving that door open last week, has brought about some concern for me, from members here. I am so touched by all of that.

I will be sitting in a little each day, and I WILL get those pictures posted soon.........it will be good therapy for me at this time.

Thank You All,
You are All in my Prayers.

Tom

·
Banned
16,492 Posts
The peace of a loving God be with you; may I gently suggest that your father will never leave your life, my brother, but is as alive today as yesterday in your heart, your mind, your smiles, and your tears.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Tom, I have only corresponded with you a couple of times, via PM, but I have been privildege, to observed your in puts on MO. Even if you are only half the man your father was, then I suspect, he must have been like a mountain, a stablizing force for you and your sister (as well as his friends) and will miss him greatly.

Yet I also know, his blood runs in your viens!!! and we all benefit from this. My heart goes out to you and your sister for your loss of a great man......but I for one, am grateful for you....here.

In my thoughts and prayers!

Lonerider

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Tom, sorry to hear about your dad. You and your family are in my prayers.

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Prayers sent. Always a sad time to loose parents.

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Tom,

The joy and peace of your father's reunion in heaven with your mother is hard to enjoy right now but that time will come. Prayers sent for your loss and may you find peace and comfort in the knowledge that he is now reunited with your mother in heaven. Take care my friend.

MM

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Prayers sent Tomray! Sounds like your father was a class act, I know how much you and your sister and all that knew him will miss him. Remember all the good times and lessons learned. God Bless!

CJ

·
Super Moderator
15,954 Posts
Tomray, the wife & I offer prayers for you and your family. I lost my only sibling (younger sister) a couple of weeks ago; I can empathize with your pain.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Tomray and family, my prayers are to you in these hard times. Your father was a good man and I thank him and everyone like him for their service.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Tom,

You can ease your grief by remembering that your Dad chose to live as he wanted, independent and unattended. Thankfully he was able to die as he chose. I feel the same as he, having lost my wife of 49 years in 2009. I have family that "checks up" on me quite often and I try to oblige them by letting them know where I am - most of the time. I suspect your Dad did likewise. You and your family will be in my prayers. God bless you.

Frank

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Tom
Your Dad is certianly still with you, each day and most all the things you do he's right there, you will find taht you will rely on him quite often, because knew him and his thoughts and ways, he will never leave you. My own Father passed away in 91, he never leaves my thoughts, sometime each day he stops by.

Bless you pal
Comstock

1 - 20 of 47 Posts