Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The kid hit a big doe in his square bodied 14 year old Cherokee tonight. Unfortunately the deer did not fare well (although at least she died immediately) but the kid and vehicle are both in good shape. I'm thankful for the Lord's guardian angels working overtime for this boy once again. I also appreciate God giving the Jeep designers & builders of last century talent and skill.

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Glad the Lad is OK.

Thank the Lord.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Thanks be to The Lord. Last year an eighteen wheeler and a jeep wrangler had a head on collision near our home. Normally this type of accident results in all the occupants of the smaller vehicle being killed, but thanks to the full cage roll-bar system employed in late model Wranglers both of the women in the jeep survived. My jeep is a two door 2011 Wrangler 4x4 and I love it. It rides like a tank and gets rotten gas mileage but it will dance on ground that swallows my 4x4 pickup. The 9000 lb. winch will lift the entire jeep straight up into the air or up a vertical cliff, and the narrow short body will go into the woods through the trees where a truck cannot even begin to go.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, y'all. It's nice that my son's biggest concern last night was, "Dad, can I bring the deer home?". It was late and I didn't want him to have to wait for the Sheriff, to get the needed permisson. He waited for a clear road, then dragged the doe off the road so no passing motorcycle or Prius would have a problem. :)

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Glad to hear he is ok!!! The Jeep can be fixed so no worries there!!! I did the same thing about 3 years ago I hit one running about 50 mph in my Ford Ranger!! The truck didn't fair to well but I came out of it without a scratch thank God!!!

Don't sweat it brother as long as your boy is ok that is all that matters the Jeep can be repaired!!!

Reactions: Octogun

·
Super Moderator
6,346 Posts
My 99 F150 hit more deer in North Idaho in the 6 years we lived there than I can count. Busted the air dam, but no other damage to the truck. I hit one with my '94 Olds Cutlass Convertible and $3000 later it was back on the road...glad all is well with the young man.

Jeff

Reactions: Octogun
1 - 7 of 7 Posts