Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The news I'm hearing is very disturbing and doomsday'ish. I have little doubt that things will get worse before it ebbs off.

This is in the hand's of our creator. We are helpless to a great degree at this point in time. Prayers, action, compassion, and patience are needed.

My only hope is that when this is all over it will begin a period of goodwill to man and harmony. Too much is at stake to not behave like adults, maintain our honor, and keep the effort moving in a positive way.

God bless, AC

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Dear Lord guide us in your wisdom & heal this earth.We need your help because we seem to have screwed it up very badly. Amen

·
Registered
581 Posts
Amen! Excellent reminder! Praying every day, thankful that God continues to watch over us and keep us safe as He allows this period of uncertainty to play out in His history and that people would be drawn to faith in Jesus. There definitely has to be healing among the people of this earth.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
well I hate to be the stick in the mud but, the bible tells us these things will come to pass! as a born again Christian and preacher we have been laughed at and scoffed at for years! I have been called brain washed and crazy! and a radical, I hope people WAKE UP! a lot of people pray when things go bad but they have no idea how or what to pray for, they do not know or even read a bible. I do know this, we are closer today than we were yesterday! I don't know if this time is the time before this world goes down, but it is going down eventfully! and all the praying in the world won't make one bit of difference. God will do what he said he would. I know a lot of generations have said this but I believe we may be the last generation. all the signs points to it. you need to read Matthew 24 also I Tim> it says this,,,,,,,,,,

2 Timothy 3
3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

sound familiar,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
866 Posts
OLSKOOL, I would not say you are being a stick in the mud. I agree with your perspective. Mine simply is to have faith and not let the heart grow cold. As you pointed out, there will be trails. However, believes are to stand firm in the mist of the trails, and believe that God will deliver us from them all. Because without faith, it is impossible to please Him. Prayers are a good thing though. Enough though these things may happen, God can protect us in a storm.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
OLSKOOL, I would not say you are being a stick in the mud. I agree with your perspective. Mine simply is to have faith and not let the heart grow cold. As you pointed out, there will be trails. However, believes are to stand firm in the mist of the trails, and believe that God will deliver us from them all. Because without faith, it is impossible to please Him. Prayers are a good thing though. Enough though these things may happen, God can protect us in a storm.
all true! we should pray for our country and leaders! but, in this country we slaughter 3 million babies a year! and call it a woman's right to choose! we allow perverts to marry each other and look the other way! we even light the white house up in rainbow colors in agreement with it! read your bible, God is not mocked! he will repay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
866 Posts
all true! we should pray for our country and leaders! but, in this country we slaughter 3 million babies a year! and call it a woman's right to choose! we allow perverts to marry each other and look the other way! we even light the white house up in rainbow colors in agreement with it! read your bible, God is not mocked! he will repay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I do not disagree. But as you pointed out, all these things must come to past (Matthew 24:4-16):

4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.
9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’[a] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

And, I have read the Bible (all 66 books), at least a couple times. That is why I made my statements. Keep in mind, the Spirit is not against Itself.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
I do not disagree. But as you pointed out, all these things must come to past (Matthew 24:4-16):

4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.
9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’[a] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

And, I have read the Bible (all 66 books), at least a couple times. That is why I made my statements. Keep in mind, the Spirit is not against Itself.
well then we agree, it will come to pass, and I believe we are in the last days. we have grace, thank God! but God has wiped out country's for no more than what we have done! and like I said pray all you want but God will repay, there is a payday some day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I agree with everyone's posts. We are living in the end times and there are those who clothe themselves in God's word and the American flag who tell us everything is just fine, take this pill and ignore what's happening. I'm a man of faith, not religion, I put my trust in Christ Jesus who is the one and only son of God, crucified for me, making me palatable to God. I have never had "faith" in any human other than Christ. I have depended upon and trusted man and woman, but did not place my faith there. I am mindful of what Jesus said about not knowing when He will return and we had best be ready at all times.

It is good to know my wife and I aren't the only ones who feel as we do. Based on these and other posts, we are in excellent company.

If God had a rifle I bet it'd be a Marlin.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
I agree with everyone's posts. We are living in the end times and there are those who clothe themselves in God's word and the American flag who tell us everything is just fine, take this pill and ignore what's happening. I'm a man of faith, not religion, I put my trust in Christ Jesus who is the one and only son of God, crucified for me, making me palatable to God. I have never had "faith" in any human other than Christ. I have depended upon and trusted man and woman, but did not place my faith there. I am mindful of what Jesus said about not knowing when He will return and we had best be ready at all times.

It is good to know my wife and I aren't the only ones who feel as we do. Based on these and other posts, we are in excellent company.

If God had a rifle I bet it'd be a Marlin.
well said! I to have salvation, not religion!

1 Thessalonians 5:3
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Well, I pray for all kinds of things. If Jesus didn't expect for us to pray, He would not have said: "But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you" (Matthew 6:6) or James: "You lust and do not have; so you commit murder. You are envious and cannot obtain; so you fight and quarrel. You do not have because you do not ask" (James 4:2). I remember back in 2018, I wanted a .357 rifle, preferably a new Marlin. Of course, I asked. Then, I was able to purchase a new one (1894C) in the first part of 2019, at what I thought was a good price ($600). And, I have no complaints.

·
Super Moderator
15,418 Posts
​Prayers Sent!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
25,774 Posts
Prayers sent!

Jack

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
like I said on my previous post we should pray always! for our country and world and leaders. but just because you pray don't mean God will do our will, he will do his. his no's are just as good as his yeses,,,,,,,,,,,

1 - 20 of 28 Posts