Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While visiting a good friend in Texas and enjoying our "Annual Texas Whitetail Safari", a question was raised about an outdoor sporting store called Scheels. Neither he nor I had ever been to one (they aren't found in Western Tennessee). A quick internet search showed that there was one at The Colony (between Dallas & Ft Worth) and since it was "only" an hour and 45 minutes away, we had to go investigate.
The store is HUGE and even has a Ferris wheel in the middle of the store. If it has to do with virtually any reasonable outdoor activity, that store had it! My friend was looking for a particular Begerra Rifle (currently out of stock - :(), but I did find some BE-86 powder for $29.99 per pound!
They had a good supply of other IMR, Aliant, Accurate, and Shooter's World powders as well. They had rifle, pistol, and shotgun primers as well. There were more reloading supplies and ammunition than I've seen in years! Overall I'm good on primers, powder, etc. (I laid in a good supply of everything I use years ago), but it sure was good to see the shelves full for a change AND the prices were Very Reasonable - not pre-China virus reasonable, but lower than I've seen elsewhere!
It's a good thing there isn't a Scheels "close" to me!

WYT-P
Skyhunter

· Registered
6,017 Posts
There are 4 or 5 around me here in Nebraska. SOOOO much better than Cabelas or Bass Pro. Best one I've been to is in Salt Lake City

· Registered
451 Posts
Sky, I work 5 minutes from that Scheels and stop in on my way home. Have only ever purchased primers and 22 LR there. Great store and company philosophy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts