Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some 30-30 loads that I am pulling the bullets on. They are a compressed load of W748. After I pull the bullet the powder will not pour out of the case. I can get most of it out by tapping the case but it looks a little clumpy. Is it going to work well after or do you think I should just clean the powder out, kill the primers with WD40 and just save the bullets and cases?

·
Registered
709 Posts
humidity inside.
I've seen people dry out the powder from old carcano ammo, and use it again, but I don't recommend that_

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Sounds simple enough. Just, pull the bullets, clean the powder out. Maybe just put em in a bucket of water and wash the powder out and deprime them.

Of course throw the powder,LOL

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe I knew what I had to do all along but I am tight and and needed some outside rational thinking. I loaded up these rounds for an older 336 with a large chamber they bucked hard but were accurate and ejected easily and the primers looked ok. When I shot these in a tighter chamber the two I shot had sticky extraction. If you use Speer load data for W748 approach max with caution. I think I have read that at least a 1000 times but it never hurts to hear one more time. Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
The powder can be dried and used if you're in a pinch BUT it's best to dump it into the yard and start over.

Reactions: North Idaho Shooter
1 - 8 of 8 Posts