Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Until now I have reloaded only handgun cartridges but, because of two newly-acquired rifles, I want to start into rifle cartridge reloading. The rifles in question are a pre-Remington Marlin XLR in .30-30 and a Type 38 Arisaka chambered in 6.5x50 JAP. I have the primers, projectiles and brass but am trying to decide which of two powders to use. My goal was to find one powder to use for both cartridges and I've settled on either BL-C(2) or H335. I'd be grateful for some thoughts on these two powders, especially the pros and cons -- and availability -- of each. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
YYZGUY said:
Hi! Until now I have reloaded only handgun cartridges but, because of two newly-acquired rifles, I want to start into rifle cartridge reloading. The rifles in question are a pre-Remington Marlin XLR in .30-30 and a Type 38 Arisaka chambered in 6.5x50 JAP. I have the primers, projectiles and brass but am trying to decide which of two powders to use. My goal was to find one powder to use for both cartridges and I've settled on either BL-C(2) or H335. I'd be grateful for some thoughts on these two powders, especially the pros and cons -- and availability -- of each. Thank you.
I think the 2 powders you mention are so close, you won't see a nickel's worth of difference. In the 6.5X50 they are almost identical. In the 30-30 you will probably get slightly better velocity in the heavier bullets (170 gr.) using BL-C(2).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts