Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of 1:40 PM Midway has over 20 powders available. Minus 1 pound of IMR 4895 that I bought. :LOL: Get it while you can it wont last long.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WOW, that stuff is flying off the shelf. Better hurry.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I have H4895 on my wish list... still out of stock.
There is an 8 lb tub of IMR 4227 still available at MidSouth...

·
Super Moderator
33,791 Posts
Thanks! Only able to order one pound! The limit is one pound per customer.

ca'jun56

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I forgot to mention that but I should be up to the right amount now and will not hord the stuff.

Reactions: cajun56

·
Administrator
28,037 Posts
Thanks! Only able to order one pound! The limit is one pound per customer.

ca'jun56

Don't ya hate that? I got an alert for 44MAG Starline brass 100ct, limit was, 1. :rolleyes:

Was at an LGS yesterday, they had a few bricks of primers on consignment, federal LPP marked at $260. .26 per pop just for the primer... I passed on that insanity.

Something tells me we won't see primers for quite awhile, not until the distribution channels are healthy of factory ammo. Then we'll begin to see primers.

Jack

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I was fortunate to find a fellow cowboy shooter who sold me a few Starline 44 mag, virgin brass.
These are Unobtanium everywhere today.

Q: was the 8# tub of IMR 4227 "available" but could not be purchased because of the 1# limit?
If so, call them.

I favor 4227, but won't live long enough to shoot up 8 pounds of it.

Reactions: cajun56

·
Registered
16,677 Posts
I was fortunate to find a fellow cowboy shooter who sold me a few Starline 44 mag, virgin brass.
These are Unobtanium everywhere today.

Q: was the 8# tub of IMR 4227 "available" but could not be purchased because of the 1# limit?
If so, call them.

I favor 4227, but won't live long enough to shoot up 8 pounds of it.
You can get all the .44 Mag brass you want. Go to gunbroker.com and type .44 Magnum in "Ammunition Reloading" . I've been buying once fired .44 Mag and .45 Colt cases, deprimed and super sanitized. Tumbled and polished for 36 to 40 cents. Shop for prices, the brass I bought was just a little above normal. The bargains are there, you've got to dig.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I got 150 pieces of virgin Starline at $0.43 each, shipped.
This is enough to hold me over until the supply resumes again.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Found a box pf #6 16 Ga and a box of #71/2 16 Ga at Wally world today for $8 and change each, both high brass. Felt blessed even though i could reload my own. Nice to use their components.

·
Registered
29 Posts
2 lgs here have a decent assortment of Hodgen and Alliant powders, prices are up about 20% over last year same time. Primers show up and go quick but are generally $5 to $6 per 100. Not too bad considering. Stuff is creeping back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts