Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, even if you have a medical card that allows you to smoke the stuff legally.
The claim from the BATF is that marijuana smokers have no right to
own or posses a gun and this has been upheld by a Nevada judge.
Keep in mind this is in States that allow you to smoke dope in the first place.

Personally I have no use for the stuff. That said, even people who smoke it
legally will have to turn in their firearms based on Federal law.

Here is the link

·
Super Moderator
12,050 Posts
I saw a political cartoon today that insinuated the push to legalize pot was part of the plan to subjugate the American people.
They basically said people would be too stoned to care - now it appears that they would also be disarmed.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm just waiting for Obama to ban guns for anyone who uses aspirin.

Dope smokers shouldn't be handling firearms when they are stoned
any more than someone who is drinking alcohol.

If you are impaired from anything including cold medicine keep the
guns in the safe and brag about how good they shoot or whatever
awesome shot you made on that last hunting trip.

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
I sold a gun to a man in Colorado and he wanted to send a regular bank money order instead of a postal money order. He said that since pot was made legal in order to get a postal money order you had to fill out a bunch of paperwork and he didn't feel like doing it. I never dreamed his would happen but evidently it has. The government is taking us down the tubes and most people are okay with it including some of my relatives I am ashamed to say.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All my direct family are gun haters. :vollkommenauf:

Damn Liberals, they deserve a taste of their own tolerance!

Reactions: M700 and BubbaJon

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Sorry for the plaintiff if I'm ever on one of their juries. I know I sound like a broken record at (all?) the time, but I'm pretty dang hardline when it comes to "shall not be infringed", and I believe heavily in the Right of jury/people to nullify the written law when it is in direct violation of the Constitutional Rights of our nation.

The BATFE is another gooberment ________ ________ that needs to be defunded and disbanded. ( I apologize for my mute french).

Reactions: M700

·
Registered
7,306 Posts
Another reason to make sure your home state does not allow it !!

Looks like some states are shooting themselves in the foot (pun intended).

Bill

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I sure wouldn't want someone higher then a kite packing heat around me.

·
Super Moderator
12,050 Posts
I sure wouldn't want someone higher then a kite packing heat around me.
I think the issue is this is a permanent loss - you smoke weed for 3 months to treat PTSD.
You're done but no reprieve to get your gun rights back.
Where will they draw the line? Get their foot in the door then next year it's something else.
I don't need the government telling me what is and isn't good for me.
Of of the same mind (but not inclinations) of the character Edgar Friendly in the movie "Demolition Man":
Edgar Friendly: That's right. You see, according to *Cocteau's* plan. *I'm* the enemy. Because I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, freedom of choice. I'm the kind if guy who would sit in the greasy spoon and think "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the big rack of Barbecued spare ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I *want* high cholesterol. I want to eat bacon, butter and buckets of cheese alright? I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in a non-smoking section. I wanna run around naked with green jell-o all over my body reading a Playboy magazine. Why? Because maybe I feel the need to okay pal? I've *seen* the future, you know what it is. It's made by a 47 year-old virgin in gray pajamas soaking in a bubble bath, drinking a broccoli milkshake and thinking "I'm an Oscar-Meyer Wiener". You wanna live on top, you gotta live Cocteau's way. What he wants, when he wants, how he wants. Your other option: come down here, maybe starve to death.

·
Registered
485 Posts
This is a slippery slope for sure. What will be next rx pills for chronic pain? I really see no difference. Maybe even alcoholic beverages, including beer! All will alter the mind. I will agree no one should be using a firearm while impaired, but not allowing someone to own a firearm is something entirely different.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm in favor of pot smokers not using firearms when high, in the same way I
support people not using firearms when drinking alcohol.
That's just common sense.
But to infringe upon someone's 2nd Amendment rights for this.
Not a chance!
We really need to vote these people out of office as they are all either
senile, corrupt or both!

·
Super Moderator
12,050 Posts
Well they already do, it's just a matter of whether or not you care or not.
I assuredly care. Ask my wife. Bless her heart she endures my rants about the sheep thinking they're free just because there's room to roam inside the fence.
Example - why does the government think they can tell me what I can and cant' do on my own property?

Reactions: Pat/Rick

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
I remember reading the average person breaks three Federal laws a day, usually without even knowing it. Eventually they'll get around to using all of them as an excuse...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Wonder if I can get them to send me a pistol instead of giving it to the government. I agree like not using a firearm while drinking the same should be done with pot but they should be able to keep their guns like Condition 1 said above

·
El Kabong
8,333 Posts
Diabetics are needle users, why do they get to keep their guns?
Cancer patients use synthetic heroin, why do they get to have guns?

38,000 folks killed themselves and others by driving drunk, why not take all their guns?

Most pot heads do not drive or shoot when high, they just listen to music and groove.
Heck they all might be democrats, so disarming them may not be a bad idea

Reactions: Pat/Rick
1 - 20 of 20 Posts