Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have an idea how to post pictures using the internet on your phone. I try like on a desktop but nothing ever comes up to upload after I select the pic.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Can't answer your question but I'm interested in hearing how it's done too......

·
Registered
266 Posts
Pictures on your phone are saved as data files (JPG), which you can retrieve using a computer and save in a different location. You can also email the photo to yourself, and retrieve it that way. In any case, the photo needs to be stored on a computer in order to attach it to a thread in this forum. (Some forums require it to be in a dropbox site, like Shutterfly). I don't know any way you can do it directly.

iPhones are particularly easy. Set up an iCloud account in your computer (automatic in a MAC), and you can copy or use them without downloading. (You can't save anything to iCloud from a PC, only read or copy.)

I make it a practice to save phone photos to the computer. That way they're (relatively) safe from accidental erasure. That's important for cute moments with grandchildren.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can upload the avatar and profile picture from my phone but nothing anywhere else involving pictures.

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
I have downloaded pics from my phone onto my computer and then retrieved them later from My Pictures folder. Emailed from phone also. I have never been satisfied with the quality of a phone pic though. I try to always use a digital camera when photographing rifle's for optimum detail and clarity.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know how to get pictures off my phone to my computer and use the computer to upload photos on MO. what I'm trying to do is upload pictures to MO from my internet phone.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright after about a year of trying to figure this out I've got it now. Phone browser didn't support it. So I tried dolphin browser. Still didn't work. I downloaded firefox for android and it works just fine. A little slow but posts none the less.

Reactions: Golphin

·
Registered
326 Posts
One suggestion is to email the photo to yourself and then from the home computer post the photo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.