Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The postal match is open, now through Aug 31st 2011. Targets must be post marked by sept 1st. Same rules and targets as last year. that gives you six months to get targets shot, so lame excueses.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Thanks Big Medicine. This gives me something else to shoot for.

Do we still have to get them all on the center of the target? ??? ::) :p ;D

·
Contributing Member
11,599 Posts
Um, you can't open it...I mean if you open it, then I have to shoot it and um...Well, what excuses can I use? ;D

Cool deal. I'm hoping to get some targets printed this week. It'll be a bit before I start shooting at them. Need Spring to settle in and then decide on which rifle will get the call.

It will be one of my 30-30's, iron sights and factory ammo.

I may not get in the running but things like this are great practice and training.

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
I might have to give a try this year, Lonnie

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Big Med,

When you get here for the hunt let's talk about some of these "Teams" around here competing in your Postal Match this year eh? Let's also visit about how Marlin Owners can help you this year.

I posted that so I wouldn't forget. Now the ball is in your court bro. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Eli Chaps said:
Need Spring to settle in and then decide on which rifle will get the call.

It will be one of my 30-30's, iron sights and factory ammo.
Must be nice to have a budget that allows – the shooting of factory ammo in a match. :eek: :eek:

Me, with my measly budget,,, am forced to shoot reloads…and even then, cannot afford to buy new bullets.
Nope, I’ll be the one who searches the scrap yards for little bits and pieces of metal to melt down into the rough shape of a projectile…
;D

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
Hope to gain multiple participants in May during the Florida Southeast MarlinOwners Shoot. We will be using the prescribed targets and rules during the two day event.

We will be shooting @ 25, 50, 100 yards for the Rimfire & Centerfire respectively. We might even sneak in some 200 or 300 yard targets.

1895gunner

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I see this has the Marlin Teams wound tighter than a 99cents alarm clock.. .. Good old fashioned ribbing is coming I suspect.. Please keep it fun guys and gals.. I look forward to this new type venture ..

·
Contributing Member
11,599 Posts
Rowdy said:
Must be nice to have a budget that allows – the shooting of factory ammo in a match. :eek: :eek:

Me, with my measly budget,,, am forced to shoot reloads…and even then, cannot afford to buy new bullets.
Nope, I’ll be the one who searches the scrap yards for little bits and pieces of metal to melt down into the rough shape of a projectile…
;D
Well, at $11/box I can afford that. See, I figure I'll probably only fire two shots before I know that target ain't gonna cut it. ;D

·
Contributing Member
11,599 Posts
Gunjunkie said:
I see this has the Marlin Teams wound tighter than a 99cents alarm clock.. .. Good old fashioned ribbing is coming I suspect.. Please keep it fun guys and gals.. I look forward to this new type venture ..
I reckon I better put my name in with the 30-30 and 45-70 teams. Maybe knowing the team is counting on me will tighten my groups. :D

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Eli Chaps said:
Well, at $11/box I can afford that. See, I figure I'll probably only fire two shots before I know that target ain't gonna cut it. ;D
I guess we’ll need to get together for Senor Chaps, and have some sort of a “reloading intervention”… ::) ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
Are we having a rimfire version again this year? That seems to be the only place I can compete.

·
Contributing Member
11,599 Posts
Rowdy said:
I guess we’ll need to get together for Senor Chaps, and have some sort of a “reloading intervention”… ::) ;D ;D
Yeah, the reloading equipment I went in thirds for is still sitting in a basement untouched. I think I'll just save up and buy my own gear as that plan does not seem to be materializing... ::)

·
Premium Member
28,797 Posts
Well Ive been a looking everwhere,all over the barns,under the seat of my truck,the saddle bags on my bike and even under the cushions of the couch. And found 9 old molded mismatched 35 rounds,so Im in like flynn ;) Is there a link to the Fla shoot? if not Where and when and are ******** allowed? If I can swing it I wouldnt mind seeing you fellars,as long as I dont have to wear one of them, flowerdy shirts ;D being from South Carolina Ill bring my own tan with me ;) If Im invited and can make it(I am getting married around then) I might make the trip. So If yall see a big scared up country boy,with a limp and alot of hair walking toward ya, please dont shoot,itll be ol Gunrunner stoping by to shake your hand. Kid a little and punch some 35 cal holes in paper. Good luck to you boys in the match...Randy,,

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
gunrunner said:
Well Ive been a looking everwhere,all over the barns,under the seat of my truck,the saddle bags on my bike and even under the cushions of the couch. And found 9 old molded mismatched 35 rounds,so Im in like flynn ;) Is there a link to the Fla shoot? if not Where and when and are ******** allowed? If I can swing it I wouldnt mind seeing you fellars,as long as I dont have to wear one of them, flowerdy shirts ;D being from South Carolina Ill bring my own tan with me ;) If Im invited and can make it(I am getting married around then) I might make the trip. So If yall see a big scared up country boy,with a limp and alot of hair walking toward ya, please dont shoot,itll be ol Gunrunner stoping by to shake your hand. Kid a little and punch some 35 cal holes in paper. Good luck to you boys in the match...Randy,,
Randy, we are tentatively scheduled for May 21st & 22nd and YES you are welcome to join us. The link is here! Look forward to shooting with you. I have a meeting with the executive board for the shooting club on March 21st to confirm everything..

·
Premium Member
28,797 Posts
Thanks,Ill try and keep tabs on it.To bad Swany want be there,Id get married there ;D Have me a blame 21 gun salute ;D Randy,,

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
So we have an open postal match with all of these Team members (as of 3/21/11). Hope everyone is getting ready to prove their metal....! I realize some of these teams just recently started up but it's fun to see where the interest stacks up by the number of members. Or you could draw a conclusion like maybe the 450 is more than most can handle. ;D Or...... with only 295 members the thuty-thuty aint all that popular after all.............. ;D ;D ;D Come on, stand up and be counted and start poking holes in paper......

Team 30-30..............295
Team 444.................351
Team 45/70..............325
Team Marlin Express.....34
Team 39.....................30
Team 1894..................77
Team 450....................40
Team 35....................255

1 - 20 of 20 Posts