Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Post Your Game Cam Pics of Hawgs

19K views 46 replies 19 participants last post by  Dansken 
#1 ·
My hunting partner and I now have 4 game cams in use along with 5 feeders on our lease. I will be adding pics from those game cams from time to time. I thought you might enjoy them. This first one is covered in mud and is glistening wet. Notice the mane?

This big boy has black stockings. The game cam lense is at 24" and the white paint on the feeder legs is at 24". He broke my pig pipe loose and has it rolled over to the feeder from some 30' away.

More to come...

Dave 8)

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Lease - Game Cam Pics

Now those are some real beauties and the girls look good too. ;D

Never know what will show up either.

Let's make this about game cam pics and comments about them only!!! Obviously the girls and cop were playing some sort of game so it qualifies as a game cam pic. ;D

Dave 8)

#5 ·

I stopped by one game cam where we have a railroad tie set-up for the pigs to rub on and noticed where a pig had rubbed and there was very liquid mud left there. this pic showed he made the 100 yd to this feeder a bit later and you can see where some had been rubbed off.

In the background you can just make out one rubbing

#13 ·

Click on my link for PhotoBucket and scvroll down until you find either (I don't remember which right now) Lease Hawgs or Hawg Lease and open that album if you wish to see a LOT. I have some cool videos of those same hawgs but PhotoBucket doesn't support the Moultree game cam format.

Dave 8)

#17 ·

Here's one more of 'em havin' at the roll bbl.(date and time are wrong) I have seen them get together and put 3 or 4 shoats on one side and all push together so the bbl will roll when heavy. Dry corn has been the best so far but have done some expieramenting with soy beans and they seem to like them at least as much. 'Bout the same price down here from a CO-OP.

It is hard to keep a tri-pod feeder upright down here. We have to steak down the legs fairly deep. I have a couple of tri-pod feeders on my plots that have a 40# bag of Quick-Crete under each leg. ---SAWMAN

#18 ·
;D ;DThe first pig barrel I saw was posted by Sniper at TexasBoars. He had it painted up like a watermelon. It was awesome. I have put out a 30 gallon barrel a few times but like I said these Okie hawgs are just too stoopid to use it. I use t-posts and drive them down the legs of the feeders so they just slide down at the same angle as the legs. I then wire them up pretty good. So far I have only had one leg bent and that was by my truck. :eek: :eek: ;) They really like hen scratch here. I use corn and also molasses pellets but I pour bulk molasses in on top and mix it up really well. My FAVORITE attractant is anise. It is a strong smell and it take a lot of rain (something not happening here) to wash it off. I use it in corn as well and spray it on the nice rubbing trees.

#19 ·
Funny you mention anise. When guiding for bear in Maine we used it all the time. We bought it from a trapping supply store. It came in the oil form. In fact on the little bottle was stamped "Oil of Anise".

For the little bottle(2oz IIRC) we paid $9.00 even back then. But.....holie schmolie was it strong. We would dip a small twig in the bottle and rub it on the side of a tree near the bait or a scent/scratching pole. We used liquid smoke also. I use it down here in the river swamp for hogs and it works really well and is not that expensive.
Had a guy in the club ask me what I thought about one of them low tri-pod feeders. You know,one of them that advertise that you do not need a ladder to fill. Crap,the motor only sits about 3 feet off the ground. I told him that the hogs would tear it to pieces. He bought it anyway. In about three nights a big old sow found it and head butted the motor off of it. All the corn ran out of it and when empty the shoats got pissed and flipped the barrel over and tore the top off. Then finally a 250(or so) pound boar moved the whole setup down into the water and partially sank it.

The club member has it all on his game camera's(he had two on the plot). Darned funny to see. Hunting hogs I quickly learned never to underestimate them. Both their strength OR their intelligence. ---SAWMAN

#21 ·
Thank you for that sir. Was gonna ask re your supply during the last post but forgot.

$24.95 for a quart....WOW....that would last me a lifetime. Also great price on pure vanilla extract. I use that in a shooting house or ground blind as a cover scent. I mix a little in a spray bottle and spray down everything including myself. Wife is much happier to see me after the hunt than if I used the old stand by....red fox pee. Deer are very curious about the scent and hogs seem to come closer to get a better sniff also.

Thanks again for that link. ---SAWMAN

#23 ·
Danny,

It sure didint take those hawgs long to tear up the weeds and grass. Those look to be a couple of nice boars. If that last pic is a deer, it sure needs a haircut. ;D