Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Post your axe, hatchet, hawk and saws pic

12K views 172 replies 31 participants last post by  vt4ster 
#1 ·
I’ve had this Fiskars for quite a while, it has definitely been used.
Comfort Musical instrument accessory Luggage and bags Auto part Automotive design
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design Automotive lighting Helmet

See less See more
#7 ·
Dad's Boy Scout hatchet from the late 1930's or early 1940's. He's a WWII veteran and still around. Gave me the responsibility of keeping it sharp and clean about 50 years ago. I've only done a moderately good job at that, sigh... It's marked as an official Boy Scout hatchet, and is in pretty doggone good shape. Made by Collins. It still goes on camping trips with me, but mostly it gets used here at home for light work on the trees & bushes or more often for splitting some kindling for the fireplace. I'm glad it survived the abuse from young me, and also that it made it from coast to coast in all those military moves!

Regards, Guy

#62 ·
Dad's Boy Scout hatchet from the late 1930's or early 1940's. He's a WWII veteran and still around. Gave me the responsibility of keeping it sharp and clean about 50 years ago. I've only done a moderately good job at that, sigh... It's marked as an official Boy Scout hatchet, and is in pretty doggone good shape. Made by Collins. It still goes on camping trips with me, but mostly it gets used here at home for light work on the trees & bushes or more often for splitting some kindling for the fireplace. I'm glad it survived the abuse from young me, and also that it made it from coast to coast in all those military moves!

Regards, Guy
M700, to what does your dad credit his longevity? Glad to hear WW2 vets still alive and well. Lost my grandfather, an infantry vet of the ETO this past year at 95. Lots of character in that hatchet….thanks for posting.

#9 ·
Thanks. I got a Fiskars hatchet last year to take camping so I don't risk losing or breaking this old hatchet. Keep it at home mostly, where it's used in a more controlled environment. :) Needs a little attention, a good little sharpening, tighten the head a bit, and looks like there's a spot of rust to attend to. I really like the way it handles, perhaps that's 50+ years of using it time to time? But it just feels good in hand, like a good tool should.

Guy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.