Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,744 Posts
Probably your settings. Click [settings] next to your profile/log in, then scroll down and click on [general settings], then scroll down to the Miscellaneous Options section, and you'll see the following:
Message Editor Interface:
  • Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
  • Basic Editor - A simple text box
  • Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

You want the enhanced interface checked, as mine is, then you get the WYSIWYG editing as demonstrated in this post.

Jack

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response. I went to the settings as you said. The enhanced interface was checked. Even though I didn't change anything I clicked the save changes button.Lets see how things are now.Leo

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, same old thing. I'll try go advanced.Ok I'll write out a bit of stuff. I have several rifles. Mostly bolt actions. One 22 is an auto.I have a 1978 Marlin 1894 44 Mag. I like this a lot.I have Savage rifles. A model II 250 Savage, rebarrled from 243. A Stevens 200 in 223. Not a Savage but built by them.I have a Remington 725 in 280 Remington. I have a Mexican Mauser that was bubbaed, Barrel cut off to 21 3/4 inches. Stock shaved so thin at tip the wood split. I got a Boyds stock for it and a Timney trigger. Need to get it out and shoot it to see if the new stock helped. The trigger helped a bit. It may need professional help. Well let's see how this worked. Leo

·
Super Moderator
25,744 Posts
Yeah, I don't have any more ammo to shoot at your problem. Maybe admin can help you with this.

I'm moving your thread to the following forum so admin will see it: Site Questions, Problems, Comments?

Jack

Reactions: Scorpiusb

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went back in and changed from the enhanced to basic.
Just to see what happens.
Now where did I leave off, Oh yes, the Mexican.
I have a Marlin 25N 22LR. I have a 3x9 scope on it. A bit much but it works. Shoots most everything well.
No target rifle but does what I want.
The Auto 22LR is a Mossberg ITNL 702 Plinkster. plastic stock with fiber optic sights. Mounted a laser sight on the barrel. Not as accurate as the Marlin. I got this as a home defense gun. With the laser sight I can hit a target the size of some ones head with all ten rounds in the mag about as fast as I can pull the trigger. Don't have to worry about shooting through to many walls with it.
Ok, lets see how this worked.
Leo
PS I'll se if I can post a pic too. Nope, The window opens but it's blank.
Leo

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok Still testing. I went back in settings and changed to the enhanced. Just to see what happens. I can always change back.A bit more about me I guess. I'm 63 years old. I'm now retired. A bit sooner than I had planned but I'll survive. My health has been on a decline over the past few years. Making work tough. My feet give me trouble. I can't stand up for long periods. After a few hours at work it gets harder. By the end of an 8 hr day I can barely walk. The company wanted to go to 12 hr shifts. I couldn't handle that so I retired.The change over was to start on by birthday. Happy Birthday to me. No more work. Leo

·
Super Moderator
10,924 Posts
Are you on a Windows machine?
Sounds almost like Unix/Windows end of line confusion.
Windows uses both a return and linefeed. Unix uses only a linefeed.
In Windows that looks like one big ol line like you've demonstrated.
Is there a setting for line termination?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm running Windows 7.
A setting for line termination? I have no idea. I can use my computer to do most things I want. Mostly pay bills, read forums and shop a bit.
Anything more than that and I'm lost.
The basic on here is OK I can punctuate fine.
Leo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts