Marlin Firearms Forum banner
141 - 160 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
This knife is a Bladetech I4NI (eye for an eye). It was designed by my friend and master blade smith, Mike Vellekamp when he worked there. This one he autographed with an engraver for me.

This was a super popular knife. I remember years ago, stopping by his shop to BS and staying most of the night. I ended up loading hundreds of these through the laser engraver for a Federal Officer's ball that had to get shipped.

And ..it HAS to be mentioned..Mike(years ago) helped fight for our knife rights in the(liberal) state of Washington. He worked with politicians and legislators to help pass the assisted knife laws. And just fairly recently tried for full auto laws to get passed..it was not passed, but getting closer. In the first video below, you'll see his picture in the background where he looks semi dressed up..that was his picture from court..lol

Tool Knife Hunting knife Blade Everyday carry

Vertebrate Tool Knife Blade Hunting knife

You may not who Mike is..I can tell you(no I can't), but he's designed and manufactured knives for most of the big knife guys and they put their names on them. You may have one in your pocket right now. FYI, he's also 2A friendly, always has a carry piece on. And he's always jamming on his electric guitar during his breaks..see end of videos..

Here's a couple of my favorite Mike videos, super funny down to earth ..

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
For Saturday .... the beautiful French custom folder that I keep in my satchel, have for 25 years now - L'Beille, it is not a small knife : 5.25" folded , 440 , French oak, brass bolstered, super sharp and with a fully functional cork screw
(most important.) It was a gift from a 17 yo kid (at the time) whom also made it! I guided him (& his father) on his first African hunt in 1996. He shot a fantastic Sable. ☝

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is the second knife I found in my back yard next to the hurricane fence. It was wrapped in cloth, then wrapped in plastic, It does have some heavy pitting on one side. it's also cracked in handle along with broken handle. I sharpen it and will shave the hair off my arms. No year on blade at all. Maybe one of you can give me a year on knife.
View attachment 857603

View attachment 857604

View attachment 857605

View attachment 857606

View attachment 857607

View attachment 857608

ca'jun56
Cajun,
That’s a pretty cool find! It’s a “union fork and hoe bayonet most likely for a M1 Garand. My guess would be made 1942-43.

·
Registered
54 Posts
As a follow up to my last post...several years ago my buddy and master blacksmith Mike Vellekamp offered a custom knife building class over a few weekends..

At that time I was working in carbon fiber manufacturing for a worldwide company. I acquired some carbon fiber prepreg cloth that was left over samples from the lab. This is the same material used in the Boeing 787.

This is my design. It's about a 10" knife with several striking points. You can see how the knife changed from paper to material.
Automotive lighting Hood Grille Rectangle Grey

Font Bumper Material property Eyewear Knife

Knife Blade Font Utility knife Hunting knife

I laser engraved it with my made up Dave S logo.
Grey Bedrock Plant Font Landscape

I insisted on a fuller(blood groove). And I won't BS you..my design was ambitious..Mike helped me perfect that final blend, because it was a complicated one that I envisioned. CPM S30V blade material with my CF scale material.
Everyday carry Gun accessory Wood Metal Font

With a few Dan Wesson 1911s

141 - 160 of 218 Posts