Marlin Firearms Forum banner
761 - 780 of 839 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
This is a knife my Dad made "at work" sometime in the mid to late 70's. He worked in a Maintenance/Electrical department it a tire factory at the time. I worked there for a short time at a "banbury mixer", and every 4 hours I got 15 minutes to hit the break room. Dad was always there drinking coffee when I arrived, and was there drinking coffee when I left. So he had plenty of down time to work on the knife I'd say. LOL!

It is hanging in my living room in a box made by and old friend, maybe 30 years ago or so. It will absolutely shave the hair from your arm.

Wood Plant Blade Knife Natural material

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
A few Barlow knives - tope to bottom - A Csse XX; 2 Schrade; a Boker; an Imperial; and a generic labeled Made in U.S.A. The Imperial was a gift from a New Holland implement dealer back in the 60's - I carried it on the farm as a kid.
Wood Hardwood Varnish Wood stain Gun accessory

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
A few Barlow knives - tope to bottom - A Csse XX; 2 Schrade; a Boker; an Imperial; and a generic labeled Made in U.S.A. The Imperial was a gift from a New Holland implement dealer back in the 60's - I carried it on the farm as a kid.
View attachment 866939
Wow, what a super collection!~ ☝

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Good Friday Morning to all
@Pig Ninja - Very nice Western knife. I have never seen that style of blade in a Western before! - Like the arrow heads - good stuff.

@Sambane - Thank you, Sir! - Very nice collection of the Swiss Victorinox family as well. I have to say that I have never seen that Biltong Knife before, either. That is very cool. Don't see too much genuine biltong around these parts. I had some in Canada about 20 + years ago. Pretty tasty - better than jerky I remember thinking at the time! Couldn't find it then in the U.S.
Might need to dig out my Swiss Army Victorinox clan one of these days. . . .

Benchmade Proper slip joint - fun little every day pocket knife.
Wood Everyday carry Knife Wood stain Household hardware

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I recently bought a Spyderco Manix2 that I posted earlier in this thread. I love the knife but wasn’t to impressed with the plastic cage that holds the ball bearing lock and guides the spring.
When I was watching U-tube reviews on the knife some video’s came up where a company made this part out of titanium that came in different colors.
Online I went and ordered one in blue, the original was black. It came in today’s mail, I installed it per one of the excellent U-tube videos I watched. Went off without a hitch! Here are a few pics.
Before…
Water Wood Road surface Automotive exterior Asphalt
Light Grey Font Gas Audio equipment

After…
Wood Tool Knife Hunting knife Blade

Composite material Blade Carbon Metal Steel

The original black plastic and the new blue titanium.
White Black Rectangle Wood Line

It was a perfect fit and easy to do.

761 - 780 of 839 Posts