Marlin Firearms Forum banner
541 - 560 of 864 Posts

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
Here is my Case folder. It lives on a side table by my chair, and I dont take it out of the house. It has sentimental value, as it was a gift from an American friend who I thought of highly and I would hate to loose it. He sadly died many years back, soon after his wife passed. A US Army and Vietnam veteran, he taught history in Colorado. We had many long discussions about history and often sent one another small gifts. For example he sent me this knife, I once sent him a piece of HMS Victory after a rebuild. I miss his knowledge and his humour. I would understand the world today so much better for his council. Not to be. Life eh?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #546 ·
A new purchase on a Saturday night, the Victorinox Explorer… all the tools you see plus a toothpick, tweezers and the reamer/awl that I couldn’t open with every other operation open. I already have my eye on my next Swiss Army Knife purchase coming up soon! I have plans to add to this one with some extra functions.
Hand Finger Tool Nail Wood

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
A new purchase on a Saturday night, the Victorinox Explorer… all the tools you see plus a toothpick, tweezers and the reamer/awl that I couldn’t open with every other operation open. I already have my eye on my next Swiss Army Knife purchase coming up soon! I have plans to add to this one with some extra functions.
View attachment 863524

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Thanks to all of you...I have decided that I am knife and axe poor.

Padraig
Padraig - Welcome to the Brotherhood of the Paupers of Blades !!!!! We are blessed that you are part of us!!!

·
Registered
7,959 Posts
Here's one you're not likely to see many of. It is one of the first run of the Yarborough knives made exclusively for graduates of the Army Special Forces Qualification Course (SFQC).

Yeah, that looks proper!
False edge, forward sloping (push-cut / easy out) short serration, spear point , slender aspect ratio, full tang , screws! , ample guard .... yup , that'll work for opening tins of sardines ..... ;) ~ Blade length?
(If I had to show you what we were given over here, you might die in a fit of laughter!)

·
Registered
7,959 Posts
View attachment 863524
(y)(y)

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
Yeah, that looks proper!
False edge, forward sloping (push-cut / easy out) short serration, spear point , slender aspect ratio, full tang , screws! , ample guard .... yup , that'll work for opening tins of sardines ..... ;) ~ Blade length?
(If I had to show you what we were given over here, you might die in a fit of laughter!)
It has a 7 inch blade. Here is a link to details. I had to buy my knife because I graduated the course back 1984.

541 - 560 of 864 Posts