Marlin Firearms Forum banner
501 - 520 of 547 Posts

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
This is my all purpose knife. A 'do it all' if you will. Its a British forces survival knife, and is what I call a sharp crowbar (Prybar in the US). There are few jobs this cant do, and I have used them on three continents over forty years. This is the third I have owned. The older ones had wood scales. Full tang, 1/4" thick carbon steel. They may not be pretty, but they will not fail you.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
This is my all purpose knife. A 'do it all' if you will. Its a British forces survival knife, and is what I call a sharp crowbar (Prybar in the US). There are few jobs this cant do, and I have used them on three continents over forty years. This is the third I have owned. The older ones had wood scales. Full tang, 1/4" thick carbon steel. They may not be pretty, but they will not fail you.
Yup, those are very good knives, I rate them too. ☝

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Muskrat was the first knife I ever bought new with my own money, about a month's worth of paperboy wages if I recall correctly. Carried it for several years and cleaned a lot of trout with it.

The other Case was the last knife my Grandfather ever carried.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Today's acquisition . . . . walked into my favorite pawn store and there it was, just lying in the glass case.....calling my name and my wallet.......I must suffer from K.I.D. - Knife Impulsivity Disorder.... need to find / make a good leather sheath to protect the blade.
View attachment 862428
View attachment 862429
I absolutely would have bought that!

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
501 - 520 of 547 Posts