Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a question for those who have shot or owned both and aren't as biased as those that only have or used one or the other. Which would you rather own? A ported or non ported 45-70 1895g

Reactions: M700

· Registered
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well got to the pawn shop and it sold the previous day so I guess I'll look for another. It was selling for 450 though. Would have been nice to have

· Registered
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Had to beg the wife for it first. She just doesn't understand good investments. Even if I didn't want it I could of gotten my money back at that price or made some off of it. Next time I'll just sneak one in. But I had to justify it for myself before she said OK. Then it was all too late

· Registered
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
The gun that was ported last year that I missed out on was over in Spokane. On my way back home to Nebraska I missed out on another in Missoula Montana because my wife was shopping late and the pawn shop had just closed by the time we got there. Called ahead to Billings Montana to another shop and found a 1895 XLR for $1000. Got the OK from my wife reluctantly and talked the guy down to $850 out the door. The next month later I showed my wife a couple of same guns that just sold for $1400. Now she gets it. Buy low and if you have the will power to sell you can always at minimum break even.

Reactions: sindbad
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.