Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the arrival of our new 450 last week I thought I should take a Guide Gun/Outfitter Family Portrait. From top to bottom let me introduce the Ported family members.

444P aka: Buffalo
1895M aka: Elephant
1895G aka: Grizzly

After their 1st birthday I'll have their braces (see thru's) removed and let their permanent teeth (low profile mounts) grow in. Smile everyone. ;D

I've talked with mother and she may be agreeable for another adoption in 2012. We think we'll name her 336D. :) ;) :D ;D

·
Registered
227 Posts
Re: Guide Gun Trio

Nice little herd!

·
Premium Member
492 Posts

1895Gunner said:
After the arrival of our new 450 last week I thought I should take a Guide Gun Family Portrait. From top to bottom let me introduce the Ported family members.

444P aka: Buffalo
1895M aka: Elephant
1895G aka: Grizzly

After their 1st birthday I'll have their braces (see thru's) removed and let their permanent teeth (low profile mounts) grow in. Smile everyone. ;D

I've talked with mother and she may be agreeable for another adoption in 2012. We think we'll name her 336D. :) ;) :D ;D
SHOWOFF! :mad:............ ;D Just kidding! Looking good.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts

Really nice patner ..... ;D

·
Registered
258 Posts

Yes very nice line up. At some I will have to post the rest of my line up also.

·
Registered
21,196 Posts

NICE!

·
Premium Member
492 Posts

·
Registered
32,303 Posts

Hi Gunner and what a great family it is. You must be proud.

·
Premium Member
13,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Thanks Graeme. When I got back into Marlins in November 2009 I found that I really liked their ported big bore rifles. Now that I have everyone that they sold (that I know of) I'm going to go after the ported small bores. To my knowledge that leaves the 336D in 35 Remington and the 1894CP in .357.

About family pics, I know that I enjoy them when somebody posts them on MO so I thought I would reciprocate!

·
Premium Member
13,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

mogwai said:
You need to put chin sockets on those buttstocks. ;D But they sure are perty.
Yep you're correct. I'm getting ready to drop some Weaver quad lock medium rings on each of them. Then they will look identical and make getting on target quicker!

·
Banned
610 Posts

1895Gunner said:
Yep you're correct. I'm getting ready to drop some Weaver quad lock medium rings on each of them. Then they will look identical and make getting on target quicker!
I have a fat face, but needed to add a pad to my buttstock to get a good cheek weld for a williams 5d peep. Most Marlins have low combs.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts

1895Gunner said:
Thanks Graeme. When I got back into Marlins in November 2009 I found that I really liked their ported big bore rifles. Now that I have everyone that they sold (that I know of) I'm going to go after the ported small bores. To my knowledge that leaves the 336D in 35 Remington and the 1894CP in .357.

About family pics, I know that I enjoy them when somebody posts them on MO so I thought I would reciprocate!
I love those ported big bore's myself. I been trying to find a 1894CP for a while. Good luck on future adoptions....

·
Registered
361 Posts
Woweee! Good looking group you have there! My wife said I can get the new x7vh in .308 if she gets a handgun and a shotgun first! Sounds like i have some saving to do... ;D

·
Premium Member
13,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

wolters4 said:
I love those ported big bore's myself. I been trying to find a 1894CP for a while. Good luck on future adoptions....
wolters4, I see in your signature that you have a 336D. If you find that you need to offload that one please let me know, as I mentioned - I'm on the hunt for one of those. ;D

gradninja said:
Woweee! Good looking group you have there! My wife said I can get the new x7vh in .308 if she gets a handgun and a shotgun first! Sounds like i have some saving to do... ;D
gradninja, sounds like you have a good gun loving wife there. Better keep her...... ;D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.