Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a little 1894 in .357 with a shorty, ported barrel....didn't look at the SR#, but it was like new. Didn't know they made those with ports......350$$. Seems like a decent price......don't know if I want anymore ports, tho.....the ones on my 1895 do not impress me one bit.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Discontinued a couple of years ago. I imagine sales were a bit slow... ports are pretty much unnecessary on a .357 carbine. It's a shame they didn't offer the same shorter barrel without ports. I like my 18.5, but would have rather had a 16 inch tube.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Barrel

I have a 1894 made in 1980 18.5 barrel no ports 357 mag micro groove barrel, very sweet shooting machine.

They did not port barrel on these very long.

SHOOT THIS THING

G

·
Marlin made these without ports? Criminy, I wish I had been been paying attention at the time.

Day late, dollar short.

Again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tubby, I have the rifle that you're describing. It's an 1894CP and was only made for a couple of years I believe. I found mine at Sportsman's Warehouse and it was even on sale as a discontinued model. Lucky me!!!

It's a blast to shoot and comes with me to the range on all of my outings. I plan on adding a peep sight since the eyes aren't as good as they used to be. So far I've put less than 100 rounds through it, but it just gets sweeter with every box....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts