Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There must be lots out there but you never see any postings, and a search only has an entry looking for a manual. Are that good or that bad that nobody talks about them? Just sayin

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
The 99 came out in 1959, slight forerunner to the 60 (1960).
But its more or less the same thing.

There is a list somewhere on all the variants of the Marlin 60...it is huge.
Literally no other rifle in history has as many changes and original manufacturer variants.
The stamped big-box alts alone would take someone quite awhile to organize,
unless they used my Marlin House-Brand Listing...hehehe
Marlin House Brand listing - RimfireCentral.com Forums

·
Banned
1,175 Posts
What I have learned about the model 60 is that Marlin made different length barrels and magazine tubes with different model numbers and names for marketing purposes and it worked. A Glenfield is no different than any other model 60 other than the name on the barrel. Some little differences but that is about it. I would love to collect every model 60 and the varients out there but it seems like it would be a waste of money because you would be buying the same rifle over and over for the most part.

James

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
What I have learned about the model 60 is that Marlin made different length barrels and magazine tubes with different model numbers and names for marketing purposes and it worked. A Glenfield is no different than any other model 60 other than the name on the barrel. Some little differences but that is about it. I would love to collect every model 60 and the varients out there but it seems like it would be a waste of money because you would be buying the same rifle over and over for the most part.

James
At one time I was chasing down the different animal stocks...
and then I wanted the Medallions...
now I'm collecting Stainless Steel versions...to stick in Boyd's Stocks...

On the upside, its fun as heck just hunting Marlins and seeing what you can find :)
Get a "Hot List" of 4-5 favorites on a Business Card & drop 'em off at various gun stores & pawn shops...
it will be amazing what turns up sometimes :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I joined this forum to find out more about my 99C. It was a Christmas gift to me in 1966. This is about the ONLY reference to this rifle I have seen.

It seems to have a walnut stock, but has a grooved receiver for tip off mounts. It was given to me with a Weaver V22 scope.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.