Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,122 Posts
da 'Burgh I kinda don't like hard cases... Mostly when I pack multiple guns, I have a special box I made for the PU... It is stout and padded
on the inside. It will hold about 17 long guns with scopes because
:biggrin: I uses them foam padded/cloth zip up cases and situate the guns with scope
up. Yeah sometimes when we go rat killing in E Oregon 4-5 guys don't want to be limited to a gun apiece :vollkommenauf:
Stacking them hard cases would use a dang big box to secure all them guns.

·
Registered
803 Posts
None.
I prefer soft cases. If I were a competition shooter and had a target grade rifle that was worth a couple of thousand dollars, I would probably use one. But on a .22LR that cost me $135-150, I think it would be an overkill. The case would cost almost more than the rifle.

·
Premium Member
5,420 Posts
Bought an almost new Gun Guard hard case at the Tuesday flea mkt. for $15 - gunguardcase.jpg

Seeing it's my only hard case, I reckon it's my favorite.

Reactions: da 'Burgh

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I prefer soft gun cases too. There are some Rolls Royce hard cases out there by companies like Pelican that you'll pay a lot of $$ for, yet for hard travel or flying they are definitely the way to go. The hard cases I actually use when I do occasionally use them are just large enough to fit the gun, for ease of carrying to the range. I don't know that they are all that much more protection than a good soft case.

For a soft case that has a whole lot of features, you might try this out. I first heard about it in a magazine review. Great case for the money (currently $45), and plenty of spaces for targets, magazines, pistols, etc. and it has extra padding for protecting your rifle:
case.jpg
MidwayUSA Pro Series Tactical Rifle Case

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have a low end Flambeau case leftover from my airsoft days that i use now for the 22. Rifle was a bit loose in there but now it has the bipod and scope making it not move around anymore.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Starlight. I'm not going to skimp a few bucks on a case when it's protecting thousands of dollars of rifle and optics.

Reactions: da 'Burgh

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
da 'Burgh, I don't think you ever said what you want to use the case for. Travel, shipping, or just going to the range? I for sure would not use a Starlight or Pelican rifle case just to go the range - too heavy and bulky, but for travel or shipping, absolutely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts