Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anna,
I'v got a question to ask you.
How long does PMS last & at what pont does it cease being PMS?
I mean, I understand it to mean PRE Menstrule Syndrome correct?
Well I'v been hearing talk from women hereabouts lately about having PMS for 2 weeks. Now, if a female person has PMS for 2 weeks, then has her regular menstrule thing for a week & takes another few days to straighten out before PMSing again are they ever normal?
Or maybe theyre just normally mean & crabby & use PMS as an excuse?
I know I'd not keep one that was on the #@g for 3&1/2 weeks a month myself.
Is this evolution?

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used mean & crabby as a nice way to say bitchy. :p

·
Registered
729 Posts
Leverdude-In my experiance most women only have at the most 1 good week per month. The week before-bitchy. The week it happens-Holy Terror. The week after-bitchy. That only leaves 1 good week and if you upset them or make them mad you've just lost out for another month. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
670 Posts
:lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
Leverdude, you're a trip, man! I know who and I know what you're talking about! :wink:

It's sad that some women are that way; of course, if it's true PMS they can't help it. Not all women are affected to the same degree, though. It is definitely not normal to only have one 'normal' week out of the menstrual cycle.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nightrain52,
You hit the nail on the head. 21 of 28 days bitchy only 7 of 28 okay. Used to spend those 7 trying to figure out what I did wrong. Ever since I realized it wasn't me I just ignore it all even the 7.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Like Annabelle said, not all women are the same; also, a woman's
hormone levels are not the same for every menstrual cycle, especially the older she gets. Please don't assume that women are she-devils
and that you guys are saints, because men also go through a cycle
very similar to a woman's PMS.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My main point was that some women seem to use PMS as an excuse to act in an otherwise unacceptable manner. Not all or even most women I'm sure but some do.
I can be a cranky as well & sometimes am in a downright foul mood.
However I usually take my foul crankyness out on the source if I can & if I cant or its just a bad day I try my darndest to keep my issues to myself.
No one else need suffer because I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Honestly its a social phenomenon I think in this day & age.
Like ADD. Years ago if someone had trouble staying focused they had to try harder & learn to deal with it or they would fail. Most learned to deal with it. Nowadays if a kid is having trouble in school the first thing they do is give them drugs & treat them special because they have ADD. Next thing you know the kid is using ADD as an excuse for failure or just a lack of trying. Its a piss poor world when individuals can behave in an unacceptable manner because of personal issues.

Recently my Dr. told me its likely I have adult ADD & wanted to put me on a drug regimen he said would help me stay focused. I reckon at 38 years old I'm as focused as I need to be & as I never noticed I had a problem dont see the need to fix it.
Is it harder for me than a "normal" person? I dont know as this is the only person I'v ever been. But I feel safe saying that I'd be less of a person if I spent my developmenmtal years thinking I couldnt suceed.
Maybe I needed to try harder than another kid but so what.

Maybe a woman on her menstrule thing needs to try harder to be nice. Whats wrong with that?

Lifes not feeling good all the time, would be nice but its just not the way it is. That said I cant see makng the world miserable because I have cramps & need to wear a diaper for a week. :p

We all need sometimes to put the way we feel aside in order to get along.
Theres no excuse for being mean or abusive regardless of the lunar cycle.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Well said, Leverdude, but I just saw your words fly right
over someone's head. :wink:

Anna

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well Anna, I suppose some people are just too short. :lol:

·
Registered
543 Posts
PMS just makes me want to have sex. Sometimes. The rest of the time it makes me want to lie on the couch and watch sappy old movies and cry. Either that or it makes me crave coffee liqueur. No matter what, it makes me breasts hurt which I hate.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Y'all know why they call it PMS....Mad Cow Disease was already taken. :wink: :wink: :wink: Been married 38 yrs. and to a wonderful Lady, she puts up with me so she must be wonderful.
She is also a red-headed spite fire as is our Daughter so I'm use to the sensitivity of their feelings, I told her the joke I started out with and got a love tap. Growing up with 4 sisters that would rip your head off if you looked at them wrong, love taps are like skeeter bites now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
461 Posts
An amazing conversation... It's almost too much information :wink: Just ad hormones and you've got the last wonder of the world. :?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts