Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope that everyone on this forum will read this and maybe we can get things straightened out and all get along for the most part. Anytime you have this many people with all their opinions, people will disagree and feelings will get hurt and/or harsh words will be said; that's human nature. Sometimes we just have to get over things and get on with our lives. Forgiveness is a true virtue!

For those of you making fun of "the goat" and talking about changing the name of this forum, you haven't been around long enough to know the humorous story behind Annabelle and I can see where you might feel it's stupid; but it's not... so please don't make fun. We do have a good time here; sometimes it gets a little slow but the more people that ask questions (real or not) needing advice (like a Dear Abby column), the more fun it can be, so I encourage you all to participate; but there are rules passed down by Larry, owner of this board. They are intended to keep blow-ups from happening and hurt feelings at a minimum. I don't think I own this forum or the board, but I am the host(ess) of Ask Anna and I try to keep things going in the right direction. We get on here and cut up and tease...I'm one of the "naughtiest" on here, but when it's of a sexual matter, or anything else, people get tired of hearing it go on and on and on if it's the same foolishness over and over. It's also not to be used to communicate with a member about stuff that you can e-mail and/or PM them about, like just carrying on a personal conversation. Plus, remember that we also have children who read these posts. Larry did warn people recently, but they continue with the "games". This is not the way to get along, people :( .

As for those of you who continue to make remarks about me abandoning the board and not showing up....you shouldn't be so hard on people until you know the situation! What if I told you that I had suffered a personal tragedy, including the loss of a child??!! Would that make you feel better??
Let's all try to do better. Please......
Love to all, Annabelle

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
This has gone way past the intended place for this.. So I would strongly suggest all back up ,, take a good look.... I know the Boss will not be happy if he reads this.... Straighten up..

·
Registered
729 Posts
I'm with you Anna and Gunjunkie and I sure don't want to lose this forum like the one last fall. These are Larry's rules. 1. NO POLITICAL POSTS 2. NO RELIGOUS POSTS 3. NO PERSONAL ATTACKS---Pretty simple if you ask me. As Anna stated this forum goes back a year or too and you don't know the whole story. I have tried to stay out of it and let me assure you Larry will shut this forum down if he thinks it is warranted. I have kept quite hoping things would settle down. The ball is in your court. What you do with it is up to you. :( :?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yeah.

The personal attacks on me started in this forum long before I fired back. Don't play with fire if you don't want to get burned.

As far as the disapproval of certain posts, I already stated they were pretty much PG rated. There were plenty of people who seemed to enjoy them and take them in the spirit in which they were meant without reading all sorts of things into them.

objectionable posts...huh? The most objectionable one I've seen on this board is this one:

http://www.marlinowners.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=5843

Really, what kind of "lady" talks that way? I sure as hell don't, I'd be ashamed to do so.

and....

These are Larry's rules. 1. NO POLITICAL POSTS 2. NO RELIGOUS POSTS 3. NO PERSONAL ATTACKS
Show me where I personally attacked anyone who didn't attack first.

I don't appreciate the Wizard's posts calling us whores and pimps but rest assured I won't lose any sleep over it.

And I'm wearing a gray sweater, and yes, it's low cut, so cover your eyes ;)

·
Registered
729 Posts
btt.

G

·
The personel attacks started with Wiz....and continued with Wiz and still continue with Wiz......its right there to read unless he deleted it.

He was asked to stop and it didn't register....we all know what he's like so we knew he'd come back for more .... and he did

Wiz needs a time-out or just 86 him as he's no better than the two others that got booted....he's never been anything but a trouble maker

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
The RedBaroness said:
Yeah.

The personal attacks on me started in this forum long before I fired back. Don't play with fire if you don't want to get burned.

As far as the disapproval of certain posts, I already stated they were pretty much PG rated. There were plenty of people who seemed to enjoy them and take them in the spirit in which they were meant without reading all sorts of things into them.

objectionable posts...huh? The most objectionable one I've seen on this board is this one:

http://www.marlinowners.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=5843

Really, what kind of "lady" talks that way? I sure as hell don't, I'd be ashamed to do so.

and....

These are Larry's rules. 1. NO POLITICAL POSTS 2. NO RELIGOUS POSTS 3. NO PERSONAL ATTACKS
Show me where I personally attacked anyone who didn't attack first.

I don't appreciate the Wizard's posts calling us whores and pimps but rest assured I won't lose any sleep over it.

And I'm wearing a gray sweater, and yes, it's low cut, so cover your eyes ;)
If you don't like this place because it's not 'lady' like you're free to leave, the door's that-a-way --->

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Either side adding fuel is not curing it.. ..

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Wasen't talking about you this time..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts