Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Marlin owners, My name is Ed and i messed up bad. My dad left me his Marlin Camp 45, 1995 model, checkered stock, just beautiful. I went out to scout my property and took it along for the first time ever to fire off a few rounds and check the sights. Needless to say the recoil buffer cracked after 3 shots so i went home, field stripped to clean it out, and proceeded to spray GUN SCRUBBER into the trigger assembly :frown: then picked it up to wipe it clean and plastic stuck to my hands. I had ZERO idea that it would destroy the plastic used on this rifle. I jumped into crisis mode and filled the sink with hot water and dawn dish soap and scrubbed and soaked the whole assembly and blew it dry.
I am distraught. Plastic is now discolored and very rough in some places inside. I MIGHT be able to make it work again after the new spring and recoil buffer arrive, but as a mint condition hand me down from my Dad I am absolutely crushed that I cannot find a new replacement trigger guard anywhere to buy.

PLEASE does anyone know where I can buy a new or excellent condition replacement?

Thank you very much

·
Super Moderator
24,437 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Numrich has that trigger assembly for the Camp 45--but its for the older style which did not have the bolt hold open feature after the last shot. Trigger Guard, Old Style - Not Cut for Bolt Hold Open Gun Parts | 405880 | Numrich Gun Parts I don't know if that will work for your dad's rifle. BTW--NEVER use cleaning solvents on the plastic lower receiver or on any other plastic/composite parts in the Camp rifle.
I learned that one the hard way, with my Camp 9. Luckily I realized what was happening and rinsed the trigger assembly with gun oil. I had to free some of it back up, but all seems to be functioning fine. I did go ahead and order me another trigger assembly from Numrich, so I would have one in case I ever needed it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
About the Camp 45, are the bolt assemblies the same with the old and new trigger assembly? If they are couldn't it be possible to convert to the old bolt lock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok. New recoil buffer, 21# recoil spring, bolt stop spring. Functioned great except a couple failure to feeds. First time i have ever taken it to the range and it was a blast. Overall i am happy it functions after my screw up, but it does look a little imperfect now. If i can ever find i new trigger guard I will buy it and install.

20170115_114103.jpg 20170115_114113.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts