Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Well, now that you've posted that one, you know what's going to happen, don't you? Marlinman93 and Moodyholler are going to fight over it :shock: . Hmmmm, wonder which one will get it. Maybe they'll give you visitation rights, and let you shoot it occasionaly :D :D

Man, would that be a great addition to any collection, or what? And to add salt to the wound, wonder what it will be worth in ten years with all the documentation??

Shum8

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Now why would you want a rifle some damnyankee had? Seriously if that had been a CSA rifle with the same paper work it would go for $30-50 thousand. Rebel stuff is always worth more.

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
What the heck would a guy want with an old military surplus rifle? :D Why it's got them cheapo barrel bands to hold the forearm on, and some silly looking saddlering on the side of the receiver, breaking up the pretty lines of a Sharps! I'd help you out Kaintuck, but I don't want you to have to have buyers remorse later, when a real Sharps business rifle comes along! :wink:

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
WHAT!!!???? Another danged military surplus rifle, with those funny looking barrel bands!! I'm not helping on that one either!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I'd say you have lowered your standards! Neither of those have a nice Swiss butt! :wink: SW

·
Registered
579 Posts
Moodyholler just went up and worked BPCR match today and a danged 1922 M2 rifle just followed me home! Not exactly my style but DANG it shoots good! moodyholler

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Now if you were collecting for something like this Sharps, I'd consider helping out.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sharps? sharps CANNON!

is it chambered for the winchester 70-150????? :shock:

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I'd help out with a Coffee Mill just to say I had actually held one! Maybe you could get a raffle started - strictly on the up-and-up, of course!! :wink: SW

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Geez, guys - come'on......these ol' guns are used! Can't be worth more'n 50 bucks.......(I know - just couldn't help it)

Shum8

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
C'mon now, shum8! Even a tyro knows that anything with a bayonet mount has unused sights and is therefore worth the big dollars!! :p And since the bayonet was used often, the trigger is in pretty good shape - if not pristine, so the value picks up there, as well!! :D

The bayonets and barrel bands are only worth a couple bucks, though, but that's off topic & I promised not to go there anymore!! :wink: SW

1 - 13 of 13 Posts