Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i currently shoot alot of rainier ballistics plated bullets out of my pistols with great results. was just looking online at berrys plated bullets. how do these compare to each other? any experience with one or the other or both? thanks guys (my pistol cartridges that i load are .44mag, .357mag, .380, and .45acp)

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Equivalent. The IPSC/IDPA crowd seems to tend a bit more towards the Berry's. Something about better manufacturing consistency. Also the Rainier's 45-230RN has a different-than-standard profile that was causing feeding issues in some guns.

I've been using Rainier's mostly because of availability without an issue for several years now. Mostly in 40, with some 45.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive been shooting the rainier 95 grain rn out of my .380 with great success. but i am down to my last 30 or so out of 2000 i had. also the 185hp does well in my 1911 in .45acp. i just recently got samples of all their bullets in all calibers. so we will see how the others perfrom. just got on berrys bullets website this morning and saw they were cheaper on the .380 than the rainier were. doing a google search it seems that more people prefer rainier as berries had some plating issues. i am also hearing about another company called zero? anything about them? basically for when i carry in the woods i usually load up with xtp's in the .44mag and .45acp. i have not loaded any hollow points for the .380 as of yet as i only target shoot it. once i get a holster for it i will carry it as well

·
Administrator
23,800 Posts
Been shooting Berrys plated 110gn round nose in my 30-30 for plinkers with 6gns of Unique, I have also tried them at beyond the recommended speeds. I like them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts