Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried either xtreme or berry's plated bullets? it's about the only thing I shoot out of my handguns anymore. heaviest ive found is 240 grain but I think that would be ok for targets. Btw these would be shot out of a XLR.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
The plated bullets are supposed to be shot at cast bullet velocities. I've gotten excellent accuracy from the Berry 300gr TMJ in my 45-70. Just don't try to push them too fast and don't apply a heavy roll crimp or you can crack the thin plating.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
I tried the xtreme bullets because at one time that was all i could find in stock for a while.
I tried them in 380 auto flat nose, now I almost exclusively use em in .380, 9mm., their 230gn. rn for the .45,
and their 150gn. for the 30-30, and 300 blackout. (mixed results with the blackout, but for plinking, the occasional FTF was and is expected.)
for the price, I find em hard to beat.

I have had very good luck with everything Ive tried them in, and shoot A lot of their bullets now, I recommend them highly.
Just don't try to push them to ludicrous speeds and they work excellent, nice grouping, and repeatable results and accuracy.

their finish, seems to me anyway, smoother, and more "even" that the Berry's.. hard to explain, but when you compare them side by side, the finish on the Berry's looks kinda wavy to me, where the xtreme seems smoother, or more "finished".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.