Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a pipe smoker and so is Erik (Eli Chaps). Are there any others here at Marlinowners?

Reactions: joel lee and Blaine

·
Registered
837 Posts
I have a couple and love the smell of good pipe tobacco but haven't learned the knack of packing it right so that it doesn't keep going out.

Reactions: joel lee and Blaine

·
Registered
837 Posts
That's probably it. I puff and puff trying to keep it lit till I get dizzy or say the Hell with it. Whichever comes first.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I've been known to pick up one every once in awhile. I like the corncobs (cheap), and I make one from a hunk of oak from a tree in the backyard.

·
Premium Member
2,018 Posts
I have been smoking one since I was a teenager until a few years ago and had to stop mainly from doctor’s orders. I still pick one up every once and a while to enjoy.

Reactions: joel lee

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Old Port pipe tobacco was what my Dad used to chug on.

Smokins not for me nowadays, I chucked it couple years ago. Infact, me and CJ ( God Bless her ) quit within a week of each other. I remember callin her up on phone and we had a hoot of a yarn. I miss not havin her to call anymore, she was way cool.

Anyway, "keep on chooglin" if you enjoy it. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nightfisher said:
I have been smoking one since I was a teenager until a few years ago and had to stop mainly from doctor’s orders. I still pick one up every once and a while to enjoy.
My cardiologist told me I should quit using all tobacco products, but I figured life would be so sterile if I gave up everything that's not good for me, so I haven't quit. But, I have cut back some. I'm only averaging a bowl a day now.

·
Premium Member
2,018 Posts
My heart doctor told me about 5 years ago that I wouldn’t live another year if I didn’t quit smoking. I quit for 2 ½ years and then started back due to the business and bad economy and haven’t stopped. It is the worst habit that you can have as far as I am concerned.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
I smoked a pipe for a few years because it was LOTS cheaper than cigars, and my wife liked the aroma of some blends much better than the seegars. Then I got back into dippin' and have only one bowl or seegar every now & then.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
My Dad (1890-1983)swiched back and forth from pipe to "roll your own" Prince Albert brand tobacco for both.I have several of his pipes and fire up one once in a while and even twist one up sometimes.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I've a Peterson's St Patricks Day 2006 I puff from time to time. Problem around here though is finding tobacco. We've got cigarette tobacco everywhere, but I've yet to find a place that carries "pipe" tobacco. Means I hardly ever smoke now.

·
Super Moderator
15,478 Posts
Brian in FL said:
I'm a pipe smoker and so is Erik (Eli Chaps). Are there any others here at Marlinowners?
I smoke a pipe, my favorite tobacco is Captain Black™ in the white can/pouch. I don't smoke it often, I do smoke it well.

Reactions: punch and joel lee

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Customer to clerk-----you got Prince Albert in a can-------YOU BETTER LET HIM OUT !!!

From my pre-teen days at the local candy/smoke shop ! Circa 1955. ;D

·
Registered
701 Posts
i quit smoking... 3 times in 2 years. i think i'll try again in the new year.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
I have two pipes. One is just a little cheapy. The other is a nice fancy one that is about 18" long that I got as a birthday present. I have a friend who likes to call me Gandolf anytime I fire it up. I usually smoke cigars though.

We have a few stores in town that carry pipe tobacco as well as a couple of really good cigars stores. Most of the time, however, I order both my pipe tobacco and cigars online.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Serious pipe smoker here. My taste buds switched off of cigars a while back, so it's been mostly pipes since then. Definitely stock up on your favorite tobacco before the nannies make it impossible/unaffordable to get. Canning jars are perfect for tobacco storage, btw.

1 - 20 of 183 Posts