Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I have been bow hunting a piece of property for 8 years now that has very thick brush/palmettos that the hogs lay up in during the day. The land owner does not allow any feeders or alternate food sources and no guns, just bows. The first couple of years we hunted along the fringes of the cover and as you said we could hear the hogs running, squealing and having a good ole time but never presenting a shot. As much noise as they were making we thought what the heck, lets start busting through the cover to see if we could get a shot. To our surprise it worked even with a bow! We make sure the wind is in our favor and then just work our way through. As you stated some of these areas are so thick that you pretty much have to be on hands and knees so shooting in these areas are impossible. We have actually taken a number of hogs still on the bed while making a fair amount of noise moving through the cover. I guess they are use to the other hogs running around in there making noise so they pay little attention to it.

I returned from our annual hunt last Saturday. I took two hogs with one of the two being shot on the bed in the thick palmettos while I was "slipping" through.

Festus

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.