Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a yardale this weekend, and while I was out (figures :evil: ), a neighbor, whom I have never met but have seen him around, stopped by and was looking at a horizontal gun safe I had drug out into the driveway. He asked my wife if I had any guns I wanted to buy, sell, or trade, and she said she didn't know, but that I was always keeping an eye out for old Marlins. He then left, and I came back with a stump grinder and got busy.

He stopped by today as we were pulling out of the drivway and wanted to know if I wanted to stop by sometime to take a look at his old Marlins and see if I needed any of them.................. :roll:

Now, that's all the details I'm giving till I go over and check 'em out - I know how Moodyholler is about sniffing out stuff like this, and I ain't giving him any help :D - at least not yet.........

It's either gonna be junk, or I'm gonna be in trouble.......standby for updates........ 8)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Contacts out of the clear blue sky like that can turn very interesting very quickly! I see that you have plenty of help in the Marlin line of things, but should you come across any odd Italian or early Steyrs, keep me in mind!! :D

I'm looking forward to your post of the things that came blinking into the sunlight from this fellow's closet! SW

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NebrHogger said:
...but should you come across any odd Italian or early Steyrs, keep me in mind!! :D
ALWAYS!! :D :D

·
Registered
579 Posts
sHUM8, I been doing better on winnies and single shots lately. Something wrong with the old marlinitis. Have a 73 pistol grip in 44-40, and two 1887 lever shotguns coming in a week or two. Some reason ain't no marlins showing up. That little voodoo doll you made of me and keep putting winnies in it's hand must be working. Later, moodyholler

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey moody - Turns out this is the guy you gave me his name to call - I never found his name in the phone book, so I let it go - danged if he didn't find me. Says he has a '94 in 25-20, 27S in .25 rimfire, an old 39, and a model 57 22 mag.......the '94 has been redone, and if it was done right, it may be worth lookin at. I'm gonna try to catch him in the next few days and take a look at 'em......never mentioned the 1893 though - must have already dumped it.

I shoulda known better than think I coulda snuck something like that past your radar.......

Shum8

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
At least they turned out to actually be OLD Marlins! Last guy who told me he had a some old Marlins for sale, brought out a model 60, a 1978 336, and a model 25. Seems old is different to each guy.
Good luck! Hope one of them turns out to be what you need!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts