Marlin Firearms Forum banner
181 - 200 of 270 Posts
Thank you Big-Dog, love the Pics.

Looks like I need to come to New Zealand for a hunt..:biggrin: In the States we wear gloves to handle Boar because of the disease they carry on their skill. Do you not have that trouble?

Reactions: kwesi
Here's a small Boar I popped with my Hand Cannon, Taurus 44 mag!

Canidae Wildlife biologist Dog Vehicle Car

I got this boar on an early morning fallow deer hunt in Southern Queensland, Australia. I was stalking south, into the wind, and saw this guy coming towards me from the east with the sun behind him. How he failed to see me I will never know. I just dropped to one knee, chambered a round, and let him have it at about 60 metres. I was using a Kimber in 7mm/08, and the 140gn Nosler entered through his mouth and dropped him in his tracks.
Trophy hunting Wildlife biologist Wildlife Prairie Recreation
Trophy hunting Wildlife biologist Hunting Recreation Gamekeeper
Trophy hunting Hunting Safari Antelope Wildlife

I got this boar on an early morning fallow deer hunt in Southern Queensland, Australia. I was stalking south, into the wind, and saw this guy coming towards me from the east with the sun behind him. How he failed to see me I will never know. I just dropped to one knee, chambered a round, and let him have it at about 60 metres. I was using a Kimber in 7mm/08, and the 140gn Nosler entered through his mouth and dropped him in his tracks.
View attachment 118788 View attachment 118789 View attachment 118790
Great job, Prickle.

Hey Prickle Farmer'

That looks like Ballandean Station. I have popped a few there.

Dave

Hi .35Remington, I am two hours west of Gundy and the roos are in plague proportion. One dry lake bed has had a head count of over 700. I will be doing a cull soon and I have to take over 1000 rounds and there will be two of us. So that's how many we have. A little rain has given us some green pick and the pigs are flourishing. I saw one not far from home only a small one around 15kg but where there is one....... At the moment the road kill count is one or two on average every 500m. Panel beaters making lots of money.

Reactions: The Flint&Fly Guy
Hi .35Remington, I am two hours west of Gundy and the roos are in plague proportion. One dry lake bed has had a head count of over 700. I will be doing a cull soon and I have to take over 1000 rounds and there will be two of us. So that's how many we have. A little rain has given us some green pick and the pigs are flourishing. I saw one not far from home only a small one around 15kg but where there is one....... At the moment the road kill count is one or two on average every 500m. Panel beaters making lots of money.
That sounds about right. Our farmer said we couldn't shoot too many. Just wouldn't be possible. I visited a little town called Texas while I was there. They were happy to have a true Texan sit down at the bar.

181 - 200 of 270 Posts