Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP! I am in dire need of the little adjustable sliding aperture plate for the rear sight on my 27-S. Mine has been filed and is slightly out of whack! Does anyone have one that has not been modified? Thanks!

·
Registered
272 Posts
There is a great abundance of sights and sizes on those rear sights.If you posted a picture and described the thickness I might be able to help.But do not destroy the remains of the other as most handy guys can file one out for you.Just like they did in the olden days when men were self-reliant.modoc

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually have some material that fits the sight perfectly, but was looking for an original piece to maintain originality. Trust me, I learned over 30 years ago to be self reliant in order to maintain my hobbies and interests!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Well it looks like I goofed AGAIN.Didn't mean any mean-ness in my comment.Just straightforward bull. Again I say describe the shape and thickness, and or,post a picture so we will know which you want.It is fair to say,,through the years there have been several hundred different sizes and shapes to rear sights.I realize that it is on a Marlin,but who's to say it is the original sight that came with the rifle when new??As you say,you want to keep it as original as possible,which is commendable. But that is easier to say than do. Good luck to you....modoc

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No worries!
Unfortunately, I haven't progressed very far in the photography department. I need to study these new digital cameras and buy one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts