Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was on the old forum and I couldn't get my camera to go on the computer.I tried and tried and finally got it only to find out the forum went down. Here is my poor quality pic of my baby.Jayco.

I will wipe off the smudges next time.If you think I'm bad on computer's you should see me with a camera.
And here is one of my shouder and hip holster.Yes I use a web belt to hold it to my waste.It works.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here are 2 of mine. I like them plain jane! Have a couple of others I haven't taken a picture of yet though, but these are my favorites.

Ruger Blackhawk .357 Magnum

Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter .44 Rem. Mag.

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Here's my favorites! (besides my single action)
S&W model 25, 8 3/8" barrel in .45 Colt, with presentation case.

And my baby! A S&W K22 asterpiece, 1947 vintage, in the original box, with papers. .22lr caliber.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Here are a couple I like.

DG :D

·
Registered
706 Posts
I don’t have any close-ups but here’s my favorite Handgun.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
What caliber is that black pistol on the right (your left) Major? 8)

I don't have any pics, but my S&W 19 is a blast to shoot. I have a Walther P22 for those times when I just want to burn ammo. :D

·
Registered
336 Posts
From top to bottom: .44mag Interarms Virginian Dragoon, Savage 101 (single shot) .22lr, Heritage Rough Rider .22combo (this is my wife's favorite shooter)

[/url]

Sorry about the quality. Now I know what the difference is between a $400 dollar Digital Camera and a $20 one. :(

·
Registered
8,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Leverpuller-I love those Dragoon's.I shot a 44 Mag for many years in that brand.I traded it for a Chain Saw.Sorry I did.Jayco.

·
Registered
8,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Leverpuller-I love those Dragoon's.I shot a 44 Mag for many years in that brand.I traded it for a Chain Saw.Sorry I did.Jayco.

G

·
jaycocreek said:
You can cut down a tree with a Dragoon. It just takes a little time, good aim, and depending on the tree, a lot of money. :lol:

Seriously, they are surperb SA pistols. If you shoot one alot you have to check the screws regularly, at least on mine I do. My Dragoon has been my truck seat gun for years, and has a couple of south GA wild hog "notices" on it's handle. It's a lot a fun to shoot, if you have on ear protection!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Anonymous said:
jaycocreek said:
You can cut down a tree with a Dragoon. It just takes a little time, good aim, and depending on the tree, a lot of money. :lol:

Seriously, they are surperb SA pistols. If you shoot one alot you have to check the screws regularly, at least on mine I do. My Dragoon has been my truck seat gun for years, and has a couple of south GA wild hog "notches" on it's handle. It's a lot a fun to shoot, if you have on ear protection!

Sorry forgot to log in. :roll:

·
Registered
706 Posts
SquirrelSniper said:
What caliber is that black pistol on the right (your left) Major? 8) :D
Believe it or not she is my Possum Poodle.

She and her older sidekick, also a toy poodle, will go after and corner or tree possums or raccoons that make the mistake of coming into our backyard. They take on animals 3 times their size. They will get on both sides of their victim and when the animal turns to attack one the other will close in and bit em in the butt. When bit the animal will whirl around to go after the biter and the other one will bit the animals butt. It worried me the first few times but now I think it looks so funny, those little dogs beating up another animal. I just go out with a ball bat in case they bite off more than they can handle but haven’t needed to rescue them yet.

Here is the other part of the team.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
How about a 1917 vintage commercial Colt 1911? From my Grampa to my Dad and now mine... Couldn't count the thousands of rounds that have gone through this pistol. Grampa and Dad both shot competitive bullseye. Grampa soldered on the Patridge front and added the Micro Machine rear back in the late 50's or early 60's. Killed any real value it may have had. Doesn't matter to me though. There's no price would make me part with it.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Thanks Leverpuller. It always brings back the memories when I take it out for a few rounds. Other than the grips, sights and the Colt National Match barrel and bushing I gave my Dad for Christmas in '75 or so it's all factory. They really built them to last back then. I know my Dad shot a minimum of 200 rounds in practice every week plus matches. Grampa shot Master, and you generally don't get there the first time you empty the magazine. Unfortunately, I've never had the talent for bullseye. I used it briefly for PA Steel League (plate shooting), but retired it before it started to show holster wear. Now it sees casual targets, plinking and an honored spot in the safe.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nice pistols, gentlemen......

Tell us what you know about that P08, Smoke.

It's hard to pick a favorite, but here's a couple of them.

Springfield old model mil-spec

Savage Striker, .308

Wilson, the mutt with x-ray vision!

hogship

G

·
hogship-Those are nice,all three of them.As you can tell,I am a dog nut.I have a Black Lab and a Border Collie/Aussie mix.I am surprised you didn't name your buddy the dog Striker.

Best of luck.Jayco.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hogship

Here is one similar to yours, it's a Korean War bring back, Colt 1911.

The P08 is a a S42/1938, all matching numbers except the original magazine which was lost in a move. Mint bore, I have been told the "Blue dots" on the grips have some significance but don't know what. The Browning Hi-Power (Blue) is a "T" series I bought in 1967, paid $87.00 for it including 100 rounds of canadian ammo. I still have the ammo, this pistol has never been fired.

DG

·
Registered
183 Posts
Jayco.....

We adopted Wilson from the local dog pound a couple years ago. He was a stray and the people at the pound are responsible for naming him. We talked about changing his name, but everyone liked him "as is"......so, it stuck!

Is your Taurus a Casul? By the looks of your cartridge, I'm betting you are a reloader. How do you like it?

Hogship

·
Registered
183 Posts
Smoke.....

Mine is nothing more than a shooter, but yours......now, that's a real collectible 1911. Ditto, the HiPower.

Don't no anything about P08's, but I'd say that the quality of yours is better than later years. I've always been a fan of German pre-war craftsmanship.

I see everyone on MO has some mighty fine appreciation for fine shootin' irons.

hogship

1 - 20 of 37 Posts