Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellas,
Well,my wife and I went down to Homer Friday evening and checked into Bidarka Inn (Best Western) about 6 miles from the Spit.

We got up early at around 5:00 AM and after we got ready, we checked in at the North Country Charters office.

After some much needed coffee we met our guide and four other people who were going with us.

The guide took us out from the dock around 7:00 AM and after a neat boat ride out, in which we saw Sea otters,and some Puffins,not to mention some beautiful scenery.
We anchored and our guide grabbed a pole, baited it up and dropped the line straight down and handed me the pole which already had a fish on it.

It took me about 10 minutes to reel in the fish which weighed around 35 pounds.
For the next 4 hours it was one fish after another with around 35-40 fish being caught and everyone getting their limit of two fish each.

.My wife caught about 6-7 fish with her best being around 35 + and my best around 45 pounds.We had four fish to take home for the freezer.

The biggest fish was caught by a 13 year old girl named Ashley whiched weighed 65 pounds.

I also caught a "Irish Lord" fish which is quite interesting looking to say the least :shock:

We had a terrific time and our guide,Richard Baltzer,did an outstanding job and I highly recommend him.
We are going again soon and this time it will be a combo trip for Halibut and King Salmon!

Take care,Mman......

·
Registered
128 Posts
:) Mountainman.Looks like you need a bigger frying pan now.Them boys are a little bigger than them West Virginia brook trout.Nice going! tarheel

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tarheel said:
:) Mountainman.Looks like you need a bigger frying pan now.Them boys are a little bigger than them West Virginia brook trout.Nice going! tarheel
Hey tarheel,
Thanks,it sure was fun catching those Halibut,and they eat real good too!
Next time ,we are going on a combo for King Salmon/Halibut 8) and I can hardly wait!

Take care,Mman........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts