Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is my latest, a 1952 336A. Haven't shot it yet, but tomorrow... :D

And, my 336SC, a gunshow find, also a 1952. The A has a bit of blue thinning on the edges, but the SC is about as close to mint as you're likely to find.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I may start collecting a few of the later Marlins also. moodyholler

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
moodyholler said:
Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I may start collecting a few of the later Marlins also. moodyholler

The main reason I'm collecting them is just 'cause I like 'em! However, looking at them from an "investment" standpoint also makes a certain amount of sense to me. They're high-quality guns, they're available (with a bit of searching), they're affordable, and I can't see them getting cheaper any time soon -- the only way for them to go is up, and as long as I excercise a little discipline and refrain from paying too much for one today there's no reason I shouldn't expect to sell them for a profit in the future if I decide to.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Those are real nice looking rifles, but if your going to let them lay out I just might make a run to S.C. and see if their still laying there :wink:

Very Nice my oldest Marlin was made in 64 it's a 30-30, I also have a Winchester 94 made in 53, another 30-30. People ask why two 30-30's and I say why not, I need one for each hand.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Nice guns Pisgah! True classics, and I'm sure they'll become even more collectable with time! This is a perfect example of getting ahead of the crowd. These early 336 variations can be found easier, and in better shape, for reasonable prices.
Hope you haven't started something here! You may have a lot of competition after the guys see these classics!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts