Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently took out a home equity loan in order to replace all the windows and do some other remodeling and painting of our home.
By doing some of the work myself, instead of hiring others, I've saved enough money to buy a new motorcycle. :D Two days ago my wife left on my side of the bed a newspaper display ad of some diamond rings.
Is she trying to tell me something? :? Or is she just leaving it there for me to see and enjoy, as she sometimes does with pictures of cats or dogs or amusing things. Never previously has she expected me to actually get her the cat or dog or whatever. My present motorcycle is 17 years old and kind of outdated. Her present ring is about 150 years old and looks exactly the same as when I gave it to her 25 years ago. :shock: Doesn't seem worn out yet! Should I get her a new one? :?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't know what Anna woruld say but,
read my question under "what does she mean????"
and make up your own mind.

·
Registered
670 Posts
TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY.... THAT IS THE QUESTION!

Dear Luisyamaha,

YES, this time she's telling you that she'd like that ring in the ad (or
something similar).
There are lots of variables involved in this situation...is she wanting
another bridal set OR is it a regular diamond ring?? Would she
consider a cubic zirconia (which would be much cheaper, but just as pretty)?? I'm assuming from your user name that you'd be buying
a Yamaha, not a Harley. I agree that if your motorcycle is 17 yrs
old, the only motorcycle you have and you ride it most of the time...
then you need a new one. I also think that unless you've been buying
diamonds for your wife frequently during your marriage, that she
deserves something special that she wants. I feel the main thing is
that both of you need "extras" and that one shouldn't get more than
the other. I don't know how much you have to spend, but hopefully
you can split it and you both get something. Talk it over and see
what can be worked out. Best of luck! :)

ANNABELLE

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, thank-you very much, Anna. You have given me good advice and I'll follow up on it. :D Maybe I'll take her comparison shopping this week-end. That way I'll get her something by the time our 25th wedding anniversary rolls around on April 27 (or is it the 25th?). Yeah, sorry, forgot to mention that was coming up. :oops:

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thought I would give you an update of the story. Bought my wife a REAL nice white gold 3-diamond ring for our 25th anniv.. Total ct. weight about 2. She took a 17 day trip to China with our daughter last month. I'm on a waiting list for the new Yamaha, so I don't have it yet, but should by the end of the month if I'm lucky. :? Somehow I'm always first in line, but last to get served. :oops: But that's OK, I'm a patient man. :lol:

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Sounds like you both made out real well. Congrats

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Since she got a trip and diamonds, you need to take a trip on the new Yamaha when it comes in! :lol:

·
Registered
243 Posts
You done good.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally got it this week! The new Yamaha, that is! YZF-R1. Awesome! :lol:

For more details go to "New yamaha" post in the Shooter's lounge. 8)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought a new Triumph Bonneville America on june 5. I bought my wife a Honda Rebel too. She was so darned happy to get the Honda she didn't even care how much the Triumph cost. It's the same with guns. It is O.K. if I buy one as long as she gets one too. It keeps the peace.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts