Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you don't have a good picture, try to give us a description.
If you don't hunt anymore , tell us what that area was like
Or maybe you can find an old picture to post.
All of marlin owners members hunt in way different types of landscapes, some of us hunt steep mountains, some flat farm fields, some rolling hills, some thick forests.
Some SWAMP LAND.
Let's see this country's different hunting areas

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Theses are pictures of the Adirondack mountain's I hunt
During our Northern zone season

Attachments

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
image.jpeg Can't hunt anymore. This is northeast Alabama on a hunt about 6 years ago. I gave that young man my Marlin 336. This land is heavy planted pine of various ages,with strands of hardwoods running thru it. Also has a major creek,beaver swamps. Owned by my Birmingham family.

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Nighthawk, thank you , you will always have those memories, thanks for sharing with us.
I lost my hunting buddy about about 5 years ago.and just this year I asked a neighbor, if he wanted to go with me up north, e said yes, and showed him around some, we pushed out a giant doe which he seen. I think he is hooked , now
I don't have to many hunts left in me, but I have a lot of pictures.

·
Registered
19,669 Posts
Great thread NP! Here's a few pics from around my buddy's property. Can't wait to get back up there this year!
IMG_2290.JPG IMG_2298.JPG IMG_0211.JPG IMG_0172.JPG

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
395 Posts
92828994_237185564329921_397907421231579136_n.jpg 91785860_887842154998045_1059586487965712384_n.jpg 376049_310211422324635_2105747265_n.jpg Central VA. Every once in awhile I sit on a lane or the edge of a small field. Most of the time it's in the woods. Depending on the time of season, visibility is 20-40 yards during bow to 35-100 during rifle. I've only shot AT one deer over 100 and I missed (140ish). I have never killed one past 75. I hunt probably 1/3 of the season on public land and walk a mile or more going in. My private land spot is also a decent walk from where I park.

·
Registered
817 Posts
My family hunts a small area, it's a set of 40 acre plots in a line, so essentially 40 acres wide and 120 acres long. I have a bit of trouble describing it because calling it the bottom of a valley makes it sound too big but a ravine too small. There's a small creek that runs through the property but it's small enough that it will completely dry up if it's dry enough. Along the creek there's a series of small fields about 30 yrds wide and varying lengths separated by either the creek or some wooded area and then a small cleared area at the back of the property.

We usually hunt on or near the fields since hunting in the woods is very thick with a mix of hardwoods, primarily oak and hickory. I put the pictures below somewhat in order as we walk onto the property.

First field looking across "creek" into second field
CAM00539.jpg

Second field looking back toward first field.
CAM00017.jpg

Third field looking back toward second field.
CAM00246.jpg

Small clearing at back of the property

CAM00028.jpg

View of the woods if one gets away from the fields. I got a deer from this spot a few years ago where the blue arrow is. Distance was 23yrds which was about as far as I could have.
20181110_153656_LI.jpg

·
Registered
305 Posts
While I don’t have photos showing all of the areas I’ve hunted I can describe! This pertains to big game only.....born and raised in Louisiana, I waded in swamp land waist deep water, to thickets were a 10 yard shot would be a challenge, to rolling semi-open piney hill country. Once moving to Wyoming, I’ve hunted Antelope where the earth’s curvature was the only limit to your view, to very steep, “dog hair” thick timbered ridges, deadfall “laced” ravines, to above timber-line rocky ridges/mountains. I’ve been blessed! memtb

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
A couple different pics to give you an idea. Southern St Lawrence County NY just inside the ADK blue line

Attachments

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Pic of my elevated box blind. The other pic was taken from the box blind. If you enlarge the pic, you’ll see a buck that was walking by. I didn’t shoot ‘cause Ohio only allows 1 buck per season and I was “bucked out” by that time (did shoot 2 more after that but both does). Pics taken just last season - private land in Highland County, Ohio. Also kill a lot of squirrels and turkey at that spot.

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
Blessed and privileged to own a couple hundred acres of rolling prairie with bluffs, draws, slough bottoms and brush adjacent to lake shoreline, as well as a portion of the lake deeded. Couple of whitetail does keeping their eyes on me from the deep summer grass on the property - momma and fawn bolting over the hill. Grandson landing a fish along the lake on my side of the lake - lake has walleye and jumbo perch. Not the best pics but the only ones i have in acceptable formatting at this time.
IMG_0934.jpg View attachment IMG_0941.jpg IMG_0060.jpg IMG_C4AE8D1BD3A1-1.jpeg IMG_0035.jpg

1 - 20 of 85 Posts