21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Pics of a few toys...
gun 008.jpg gun 011.jpg gun 037.jpg gun 067.jpg gun 014.jpg
7MM Rem Mag,
The .22 is a Lakefield
Okay, the two lever guns aren't technically lefty guns - unless it counts that a lefty owns them.:hmmmm2:

Reactions: Steve_In

·
Registered
356 Posts
I picked up a LH Ruger Gunsite .308. I had one of the first ones when they came out, and liked everything about it but the side to side bolt slop. I let it go, but have missed it ever since. I found a newer one that has a much tighter bolt travel. I put the 2.5-8x Nikon pistol scope in Warne Q.D. rings that i had on my Mini-14 Scout and added a Galco Safari Ching sling.I did some load testing and found that 40 grains of IMR-4064 behind a Hornady 168 gr. A-Max in L.C. brass groups 3/4" at 100 yards. They are really fast and handy all around carbines. I shot this 300 yard group ( 3 1/2" but would have been better had I not thrown the last shot high) while checking zero for hunting season last week.

Also got new bottom metal (Pacific Tool and Gauge) for my LH M700 .308, last week I Cerakoted the barreled action in Coyote Tan, will add another pic when i get it outdoors.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
These are my only two left-handed firearms. The bolt is a Savage 110 in .270 that I bought in 1987 (when they were still stocked in nice walnut). I’ve killed a number of deer and groundhogs with that one.

The other is a .54 flinter I assembled from parts from various vendors (Siler lock, Green Mountain barrel, etc.). I’ve killed deer with it, a few groundhogs, and 1 raccoon that was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Being a southpaw shooter, I like my Marlin lever rifles and my Browning Citori shotguns.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
The AR is a Stag left hand upper and full ambi controls (minus bolt stop-I don't use that)
Single actions are naturally left handed (ignore the Redhawk)
Don't have photos on this computer of my heavy barrel Rolling Block

Sorry the pictures are all different directions. :banghead:

Attachments

21 - 26 of 26 Posts