Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the start of my own hand checkering, hand checkering is beautiful, mine is not.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
614 Posts
Practice makes perfect. I believe once you are finished some of your evils will be hidden enough. When I look at some ones hand checkering I do not use a magnifying glass!!! lol

Reactions: Strugl4xsc

·
Premium Member
4,407 Posts
I would say that is on a Savage model 99. It's your work and art, so enjoy it!
Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
Checkering is an art. I have tried it. It's tough to keep everything perfectly straight.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I bet once completed and a coat of finish applied with a tooth brush or the like it will look pretty good. Slow and steady.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I like to use the magnifying goggles when I checker. Clean each line with a toothbrush to be sure you can see you are in the groove when you start your next line.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Good for you! I would never even think of attempting that.

·
Premium Member
4,646 Posts
I think it looks pretty darn good! And like Tim said, You'e a lot braver than I am as well. I don't trust myself with something that small and detailed. Not a chance I'd get up enough courage to try. Keep up the good work! Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Reactions: Strugl4xsc

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Looks pretty good for a first effort & my only critique would be to deepen the cuts to make the checkering sharper in the peaks.
I applaud your guts & tenacity!

Reactions: turbobug
1 - 20 of 23 Posts