Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I got the XS Lever Rail Mount for my 1895GBL.
Now I'm trying to decide if I want to mount a scout scope or conventional rear mount scope.
I already have a Nikon 2-7X32 conventional scope so I'm leaning toward the conventional scope set up.
If you have a conventional scope set up on XS rail mount, please post your pic so I can see how it looks.
Also, please indicate which ring you used.

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
8,044 Posts
I tried a conventional scop on my 1895 with the xs rail and then did not like the look and opted for a scout scope. Now it it very easy to get on target and easier to swing into action. i would imagine you could get away with medium rings with the 32 scope.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Scoped SBL

image.jpg image.jpg
This is a shotgun scope that has about 6" eye relief. Not exactly what you were wanting to see but it mounts right next to the rear sight. It allows you to be a little closer to the scope when firing without any chance of joining the "Half Moon Club". I dug it out of the scope drawer to see if I would even like to shoot a forward mounted scope. So far I like it. It is mounted in Burris QD rings. This is a Simmons scope I had taken off something years ago, so plans are to get a higher quality scope soon.

·
Registered
266 Posts
This is an 1895 Guide Gun with an XS rail and Scout Scope. The rings are conventional low mount, with a lever quick release. You will probably need medium mounts for the Nikon scope, and a hammer extension. I have a Nikon P-22 on a 39a with a receiver length rail and medium rings. There's not much clearance. You will have to keep the scope well forward for eye relief (unless you want a scar on your eyebrow), placing the eye box directly over the hammer.
L1000923.jpg

·
Registered
296 Posts
Weaver 1-3x20 with a DNZ med height mount. If you mount the scope in a conventional position your going to trade off some cheek weld for the scope to clear the peep. I went through quite a few mounts before finding the DNZ Reaper and now very happy.

View attachment 118546

·
Registered
146 Posts
Can't say enough good things about the cheap but bright NC Star 2.5x30 scope. The long eye relief keeps it well away from your face, but not so far forward that it has any impact on balance. I own two and am about to buy a third.

IMG_3004.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts