Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finaly got pics of the new 336 SC. It's A 1957 prefix P. I wish my pictures did it justice. It's in amazing condition for A 54 yr old rifle. There is no bad blueing on it. only A couple very small scratches on the left reciever at the front. Forearm stock is perfect. The buttstock shows some marks in the finish like it would get standing in A closet. The bullseye is gone. (anyone got one?)

There are no signs that it has ever seen A screwdriver. Bubba has not even laid eyes on it. ;D

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Gatorskinner, That is one beautiful rifle! Glad your screws were not touched by bubba or his kin. The two I bought last summer had every screw that was visable all torn up and nasty. Wound up replacing EVERY visable screw. The two rifles looked fine otherwise but the scews heads were UGLY. Drives me nuts when I see that on an otherwise well taken care of rifle. Again, very nice find!!!!
358 Win

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
Nice rifle Gatorskinner. No wonder the screws look so good, it looks like whomever bought the gun new, took it out of the box and put it in their gun cabinet or safe. Your probably the second person to handle the gun since it left the Marlin factory. Nice find and tell us how it shoots.

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
That's a beauty. PM me your address and I'll send you a bullseye.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Aged like a fine wine.....I'm talking about the gun of course.

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bigjeepman said:
If you need help warming the barrel up on that jewel, give me a call. That, sir, is a classic ... :eek:.

bjm

I'll toss it into the truck when I come out to shoot that .35 SC. ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
OMG, that is one sweet version of what I desperately need want Gater. Thuty-thuty SC modified into a ported, straight stocked 18.5" barreled Guide Gun. Drool, drool.

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
1895Gunner said:
Thuty-thuty SC modified into a ported, straight stocked 18.5" barreled Guide Gun. Drool, drool.
I really really worry about you sometimes Scott :-[. Now you are using the word (gurgle, gurgle) MODIFY in the same sentence with a Marlin SC ::). Surely you would never port a beautiful SC ??? That would turn it into a Porta-Poddy or a Marlin Model PP. I tell you ... I'm about to have the "big one." Someone call for help ...

bjm

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1895Gunner said:
OMG, that is one sweet version of what I desperately need want Gater. Thuty-thuty SC modified into a ported, straight stocked 18.5" barreled Guide Gun. Drool, drool.

Scott open your mind. Are you ready? 336 SC, 30-30, Ported 18"barrel, Straight stock, Checkered AA American Walnut, Satin Hard chrome. Good match to your others.

Now go get A towell before you ruin your keyboard. ;D ;D ;D

Just tryin to help.

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
I just got back from the range firing all of my ported rifles. A thuty-thuty is missing and when I saw Gater's new find it made up my mind for me. That must be the next venture for me (unless of course if an 1894CP falls into my hands first).

Ported isn't a bad thing Doug, and think about it, I could breath new life into an old rifle. ;D ;D ;D

Satin Hard Chrome,..... hmmm - very possible!

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
1895Gunner said:
I just got back from the range firing all of my ported rifles. A thuty-thuty is missing and when I saw Gater's new find it made up my mind for me. That must be the next venture for me (unless of course if an 1894CP falls into my hands first).

Ported isn't a bad thing Doug, and think about it, I could breath new life into an old rifle. ;D ;D ;D

Satin Hard Chrome,..... hmmm - very possible!
Scott ... I'm trying to be serious ... this would be akin to having a darn good huntin' dog and putting "gills" on it :eek:. Whatcha thinkin partner? :eek: :eek: ::) ::) :).

bjm

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
While I don't drill holes in them. Hack saws are alright! ;D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts